GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Why is this a shame? The RWD R34 with the RB25DET is a great car, it is not as cool as a GTR, but it is still a great car.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
what engine is that ,,, hey man to be honest with you I like it its neat its tidey and it looks like a good job ,,

and you cant blame the guy he might have gotten the car without an engine or the engine had problems thats why he fitted what you see above,,

I have seen many cars with different engines and NOT all of them look as clean as that

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
That is a brand new factory fitted RB25DET in a RWD R34 Skyline GT 25T (not too sure about the exact trim name).

It is a very nice car.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
gtt

hi

car is standard r34 gtt as far as can see with neo engine
nothing wrong with them bit of rwd fun less power than gtr
but less weight

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it's a shame because why spend almost the same amount of money on this gts then rather just getting the gtr. the guy is selling it for about 40,000 not inculiding registration.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
BadMuthaR34,

The MSRP of a brand new R34 GTT from Nissan is half as much as the MSRP of a R34 GTR...................that is why a lot more people buy GTT then the GTR. The GTR is much nicer, but you pay double.

Jeff

·
Registered
29 Posts
BadMuthaR34 said:
look at this ugly ass motor it's equipped with the 2.5L L6 intercooled turbo what a shame to have this gts http://www.autoforce.com.au/picslarge/w460_r34_04.jpg
Still a nice step up from the "shame" R33GTS25t I have, with pretty much the same engine in it. Not everyone either wants, or can afford a GTR, their choice.

For the price I paid for my 25t, I coulda got an R32GTR, just there aint too many late '96 model R32's around at the mo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
actually your wrong it's basically the same msrp i have checked before but it's less though some people get the gts cause they can't afford it i should now also my car was bought for 17,000 it's a r34 gtr v-spec then i mention it's a totaled car that was in a accident oh didn't know that part! right oh well the front bumper was damaged only and the front windshield is cracked damn!!!

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
An R34 GTT is a perfectly valid (and very nice) car to have, and its considerably less expensive than the GTR. One man's wine is another man's poison - and a Skyline is a Skyline at the end of the day.

Re: your "totaled" R34 - have you got any pictures of it yet? I looked on http://www.w-a.co.jp but its not on there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
BadMuthaR34 said:
actually your wrong it's basically the same msrp i have checked before but it's less though some people get the gts cause they can't afford it
??? It's the same but it's less???

What currency are you talking?

Here in NZ, to get a NZ new GTt is about $56k, A GTR is about $140 (for a Vspec2). Imported a GTt for about $36k and a GTR for about $80-90K depending on condition.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
your actually gonna compare a GTR V-spec II with a wack ass GT-S. are you mad? literally are you mad?

·
Registered
29 Posts
BadMuthaR34 said:
your actually gonna compare a GTR V-spec II with a wack ass GT-S. are you mad? literally are you mad?
By GTS, do you mean GTt? If so, I would get the GTt simply because it costs $70k less, in fact, I'd by an R33 25t, and save another $15k. GTR's are not the "be all and end all" as far as Skylines go. I don't mind them, but can't justify spending money on a car when I could get a house instead. Personally, I don't like the R34, I'd sooner have the 33, but that's my choice.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
BadMuthaR34 said:
actually your wrong it's basically the same msrp i have checked before but it's less though some people get the gts cause they can't afford it i should now also my car was bought for 17,000 it's a r34 gtr v-spec then i mention it's a totaled car that was in a accident oh didn't know that part! right oh well the front bumper was damaged only and the front windshield is cracked damn!!!
I am wrong? I have the offical price list of all the R34 Skyline model from Nissan, I am too lazy to go look it up, it is upstair in my room, I remember it is something like this:

R34 GTt.........RWD with RB25DET........3,200,000 Yen or so.
R34 GTR V-spec II..........4WD with RB26DETT...........5,700,000 Yen.

As far as I can tell, the GTt cost about half of the GTR.

I don't know why I am telling you this, you probably won't believe it anyway.

Jeff

·
Registered
186 Posts
GTS-T vs GTR

Although when looking at the SPEC the GTR does indeed outweigh the GTS-T in every way, I have found some extreme advantages for the GTS. (some are personal opinions;] )

Like you say Jeff, It's almost 1/2 the price
Rear wheel drive = twitchy fun :)
There's much more choice when importing (all the R34's look the same (GT wing, nice bumpers...)
Having already been banned twice for speeding I find it unnecessary to go THAT fast! (Hint of jealousy in there)
And of course the main factor, I didn't win on the LOTO!

My 2p

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Idiot

"what a shame to have this gts"

Well you really know how to insult people on this board don't you. Perhaps you should realise that not everyone has £35 to spend on an R34 GTR. I bought my R33 GTSt type M for 10k, so it was that or a vauxhall vectra or BMW 325i. I went with the Skyline, it looks pretty similar to the R33 GTR and in everyday driving is pretty similar too.

Perhaps a little thought should go into your posts before you go around insulting board members' cars. :mad:

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Very eloquently put Matt, my thoughts exactly :D

When are we gonna see BadMutha's car ? Cos I'd like to make disparaging remarks about it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
186 Posts
It's not that I don't believe him

I'm just not really bothered,
Nur, VS, VSII or Micra I couldnt' really care, post a piccie of the Nur on Nissan's web site and claim it, it make any difference.
What bugs me is destructive critisism, like
>look at this ugly ass motor it's equipped with the 2.5L L6 intercooled turbo what a shame to have this gts
Or
>plan on taking my idea away ill have your neck for this
WTF!
Calm down, be constructive, and (some of you may recognise this)
Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Musn't forget badmuthaR34

This is a Skyline site and every one who visits here irrespective of their model is driving their chosen pride and joy.

Personally I don't think it's a shame to own any kinda Skyline (I'm a lucky b*****d to own a 34) so choose your words a little bit wiser in the future please.

glen

·
Registered
241 Posts
Theres nuffing wrong with my Micra !

and yes I want a GTS rather than a GTR cause I can afford 1 !!

Personally I would prefer a Ferrari F40 (sorry guys !) but hey give me time ! and Ill have one of each ! R32 R33 R34 F40 F50 F60 250GTO 348 355 550M 456gt V70R 9-3 330spt M3 M5 M7 M8 850c S15 etc etc and then on to the bikes well........blah blah blah etc etc....

E :smokin:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts