GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have tried the search but to no avail.....

i am having the power fc boost control kit fitted and want to know what the advantages are?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
the map is whatever you map the ecu to make it your max boost any other setting will just use a lower part of the map

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
someone mentioned that if you use the apexi boost controller with the apexi pfc, unlike any other make of boost controller, it is able to work with one another and so adjust the map/ecu settings as like a OEM ecu, like, if there was a boost spike etc etc.

(lm not too clued up on the mapping side, just regurgerating what another member has said)

I'd also like confirmed if the apexi pfc is able to do this, as l might ditch my special edition BEE-R blitz controler/I.D

·
Registered
60 Posts
This is true. There are 4 boost "maps" that you can easily switch between and set to whatever pressure you desire. There are some numbers at the right that you cannot change. I believe those are settings that the ecu adjusts as it "learns". Since the cost of BCK is just slightly higher than a stand alone boost controller the decision is up to the buyer, I always use them with PFC.

someone mentioned that if you use the apexi boost controller with the apexi pfc, unlike any other make of boost controller, it is able to work with one another and so adjust the map/ecu settings as like a OEM ecu, like, if there was a boost spike etc etc.

(lm not too clued up on the mapping side, just regurgerating what another member has said)

I'd also like confirmed if the apexi pfc is able to do this, as l might ditch my special edition BEE-R blitz controler/I.D

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its following a rebuild and should see a good 600BHP so the controller "should" be useful

itching to get my car back now! its been 2 long months!!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Just had a look at purchasing a new apexi boost controler kit and see that it comes with a map sensor.
l already have a d-jetro and have positioned the two sensors that come with the ecu.
Do l have to mount the third map sensor aswell or is there no need for the sensor included in the boost controler kit.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Main advantages:

4 preset boost levels
No additional boxes required on the dash
Fuel cut on overboost
You can see boost levels on the Commander

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
you would still have to mount the sensor, as in any setup of boost controllers
Where do l have to mount it?

Will it be a pain in the arse as the two d-jetro sensors were.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts