• 80-90K USD

Votes: 19 10.5%
  • Over 100K USD

Votes: 125 69.1%
181 - 200 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I wonder what the prices of those will fetch once US legal 600K?? lol That would make the Z Tune a Million dollar car if one were to ever pop up for sale.
The thing is USA will be tucking into Series 1 R34s for a quite a while before the vs2s and Nurs are legal so it seems to me the US bubble will deflate after a year of legal exports - before the special ones get a turn.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I highly doubt that.
familiarity, with a year of bog standard exports, and a bunch of cars hiding rust and repairs and wound back clocks, creating horror stories online, will do that. There is nothing sane about a 25 year old nissan with nissan plastics selling for 275k usd vs the market for classic limited production exotics.
No offense meant as I own one that I would be happy to sell to a yank in 2025 for half a million usd but the only way that happens is runaway inflation and housing.

·
Registered
1999 BNR34
46 Posts
The thing is USA will be tucking into Series 1 R34s for a quite a while before the vs2s and Nurs are legal so it seems to me the US bubble will deflate after a year of legal exports - before the special ones get a turn.
I dont see the price's deflating until the 2002s production models have finally made there way into the states. Reg Gtrs are fetching 135k+, Vspecs 150k+, Vspec 2s 180k+,Vspec 2 Nurs 348K+/-(up almost 20-30k from when i looked a few months ago) those are currently on the Japanese version of Goo Net. But i guess at the same time it doesn't mean they are selling for those prices. There is a few of them i recognize on the site from when i was looking in 2019/2020 that are still sitting at the same lots but at a higher price tag now (was around 70-80k not i see 160k haha). Maybe the 99s and early 00 may come down but i dont think they will come down much. I personally didnt expect the prices to get where they are at now until closer to 2024. But these are just my predictions and taken for a grain of salt haha.

Reactions: Takeshi23

·
Registered
338 Posts
familiarity, with a year of bog standard exports, and a bunch of cars hiding rust and repairs and wound back clocks, creating horror stories online, will do that. There is nothing sane about a 25 year old nissan with nissan plastics selling for 275k usd vs the market for classic limited production exotics.
No offense meant as I own one that I would be happy to sell to a yank in 2025 for half a million usd but the only way that happens is runaway inflation and housing.
People said the same of the R32s. They did not drop in price at all, not even for a moment. They went from 15k to 30k now to ~40k. On BaT just the other day someone bid up a pretty ragged odometer swapped R32 to 40k USD and there were comments wondering what compelled people to post such a high bid.

·
Registered
1995 Skyline R33 GTR Nismo V-Spec ( R28 )1999 Nismo R34 GTR V-Spec 1991 R32 GTR.
231 Posts
I didn't lose any sleep after I bought my R32 and R34, like my Wife said" It's only money dear" . Prices are what they are, deals are out there, but one has to be in person or have another qualified person check the cars out from bottom to top, front to back , and all in between!! They won't be going south anymore, just North!!!

·
Registered
1995 Skyline R33 GTR Nismo V-Spec ( R28 )1999 Nismo R34 GTR V-Spec 1991 R32 GTR.
231 Posts
I went down to my Nissan dealership here in Kelowna BC Canada, and looked at 2 GT-R's . The 2021 Premium model, and the 2021 Track Addition model! The Premium model costs $140,000CDN, and the Track Addition costs $170,000CDN! Instead of buying my 1999 Skyline R34 GTR V-Spec, I could have bought the Track Addition with a few thousand dollars to spare. Here in Kelowna I see a fair number of R35's driving around, as for the R32, and R33, as well as the R34 none ! Other than my 3 I've see one Bayside Blue R34 in a drive by! I'd still rather have own the original Skylines, than the newer ones ! Might be just me 🤠🤓🧐

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
I'd still rather have own the original Skylines, than the newer ones ! Might be just me 🤠🤓🧐
No, You are not alone in this regard Johnny R33. As good as the performance is from the newer V6 R35's, They just don't sound or feel right to some of Us no matter what they can do. Its the RB26 engine'd Skylines that are the only GT-R's to float My boat too!(y)

·
Registered
1999 BNR34
46 Posts
The UK 34s seem like they would be the better buy honestly haha. Since they came with N1 Air intake vents in the bumper(I believe this was an option in Japan or only on the N1s and maybe certain Vspecs), 200 mph/320km speedo(not nismo but better than the 180km in japan in my opinion haha), Kenwood CD stacker in the boot, Nismo MFD, Leather Seats black or red options (not sure if similiar to Mspecs), Gear box cooler, Rear Diff cooler, and Engine Oil cooler (similiar to the Ztunes i think). Those sound like some nice oem upgrades to have vs the Jdm 34s.

Most of these cars and their parts are nothing but Greed. Most self stocked nismo items go up like 10 times the day they get discontinued it seems.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The UK 34s seem like they would be the better buy honestly haha. Since they came with N1 Air intake vents in the bumper(I believe this was an option in Japan or only on the N1s and maybe certain Vspecs), 200 mph/320km speedo(not nismo but better than the 180km in japan in my opinion haha), Kenwood CD stacker in the boot, Nismo MFD, Leather Seats black or red options (not sure if similiar to Mspecs), Gear box cooler, Rear Diff cooler, and Engine Oil cooler (similiar to the Ztunes i think). Those sound like some nice oem upgrades to have vs the Jdm 34s.

Most of these cars and their parts are nothing but Greed. Most self stocked nismo items go up like 10 times the day they get discontinued it seems.
The vast majority of the R34s in the UK are Japanese market models. Only 80 UK market cars were delivered.

·
Registered
1999 BNR34
46 Posts
The vast majority of the R34s in the UK are Japanese market models. Only 80 UK market cars were delivered.
Those 80 R34 vspec UK based ones are the ones i was referring to compared to the Japanese marked models. I thought the comment from Matty32 was referring to the 80 UK 34s being sold to the US.

·
Super Moderator
16,268 Posts
There's likely only around 60 of the 80 left, and some are in poor condition. They're going to be extremely rare in a few years and I doubt many will make it to the States. Which is a shame as you say they've got several features those guys would like.

·
Registered
1999 BNR34
46 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Reading the comments it was sold to some guy that plans to run a lottery with the car as the prize. So I wouldn't use that as hard proof that people in the US will really pay 315k for an R34 VSpec 1.
thats true but to get to that price required another bidder as well who was willing to pay $1k less to get it. another stupid facebook car raffle company?

181 - 200 of 212 Posts