• 80-90K USD

Votes: 19 10.7%
  • Over 100K USD

Votes: 121 68.4%
101 - 120 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Much depends on the conditions and version, but the market can do nothing but rise non-stop

90-100k without problems

·
Registered
15 Posts
They're between 40-100k now (depending on mileage and base model GTR, V-Spec, Nur etc)

I'm glad i'm not one of the people waiting for one. By 2024 may not be worth it to get one. One can only hope that the appreciation goes well beyond 100K for all models.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think we will see a large downturn in the global economy in the next few years.

When you look at Government, corporate, and personal debt levels, stock markets at all time highs, interest rates at historic lows, 10 years of cheap credit, malinvestment, asset price inflation.

This could easily burst the classic / modern classic investment bubble of the last decade across the board so it will be interesting to watch what happens with R34 prices.

·
Super Moderator
16,034 Posts
I think we will see a large downturn in the global economy in the next few years.

When you look at Government, corporate, and personal debt levels, stock markets at all time highs, interest rates at historic lows, 10 years of cheap credit, malinvestment, asset price inflation.

This could easily burst the classic / modern classic investment bubble of the last decade across the board so it will be interesting to watch what happens with R34 prices.
I think that’s Only likely to impact if interest rates hike upwards. Reason classics are doing so well is crap bank investment rates, so people put money into things. If the economy does go to pot they won’t be rising, so assets could retain their value as investments. If interest rates do go up and up then there is less cash in the economy imho.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Well, we have 3 years and 4 months left until they hit the US soil. I want to see how crazy some Americans will be flocking and throwing money at a 25 year old Japanese car.

·
Administrator
31,851 Posts
Did R33 prices surge this year? I can't see that they did? I know the 34 is the flagship as it were, just curious.

Mike

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Did R33 prices surge this year? I can't see that they did? I know the 34 is the flagship as it were, just curious.

Mike
They're not really popular in the US. The ones that were imported before decreased in price, but still they are fetching a little bit more than an R32. I did notice that the initial prices when they became legal were high, but they went down almost immediately after nobody was buying any of the GTR trims for $60,000 USD. Curious to see how the R34 fairs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The US and Australia are driving the prices right now. Honestly (and I'm not sayin this as an American) this is a bubble, but it will take some time to settle out. Americans are not going to be spending $200-250K for standard GTRs in 4 years. We saw a similar bubble with the Porsche market. Right now we want GTRs badly because we never had them. That lust will trail as they become more common. So international people.....make your money while you can. And yes I want to buy your GTR lol.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
True, and it is good to know the demographic of the people who worship the R34: Late teens, early 20s, also millennials, who don't have that much money on hand. Either way, for me personally, I would only pay $50,000 USD max for a Nissan Skyline R34 GTR because at the end of the day it is an old Nissan. For the prices they are selling at now, you are in a territory where you can buy an older Ferrari or Lamborghini Gallardo, which I would take instead. Not to trash anyone's R34, since they are still brilliant cars. But one thing I learned from moving and living in America is how crazy they are for some things like Nismo for some odd reason. I did notice that the Mark IV Supra prices have taken a fall as well.

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts

Right now we want GTRs badly because we never had them. That lust will trail as they become more common. So international people.....make your money while you can. And yes I want to buy your GTR lol.

Never understood all the hype by normies for the BNR34....:giggle:

·
Registered
299 Posts
The US and Australia are driving the prices right now. Honestly (and I'm not sayin this as an American) this is a bubble, but it will take some time to settle out. Americans are not going to be spending $200-250K for standard GTRs in 4 years. We saw a similar bubble with the Porsche market. Right now we want GTRs badly because we never had them. That lust will trail as they become more common. So international people.....make your money while you can. And yes I want to buy your GTR lol.
People are already Paying these prices. I've had a few friend here in Aus sell their cars to Americans for over $200k. The difference with 34's is they're a lot rarer than the other models and arguably the most desirable of the lot (Everyone has their preference I know). They made about 40 000 more R32 GTR's than R34 GTR's. The R34 GTR's also have the most special colours and special models out of all the cars. Atm its a sellers market and with the M-Spec Nur selling for over $300k USD in Japan a few weeks ago, Nobody is going to sell theirs at half price.

The Porsche market was also affected by the announcement that they'd seized production on manual cars. The prices skyrocketed and then Porsche back peddled after everyone complained. You can now buy a GT3 manual and prices dropped. Possibly another reason the 34's are so expensive, The last manual GTR's

True, and it is good to know the demographic of the people who worship the R34: Late teens, early 20s, also millennials, who don't have that much money on hand. Either way, for me personally, I would only pay $50,000 USD max for a Nissan Skyline R34 GTR because at the end of the day it is an old Nissan. For the prices they are selling at now, you are in a territory where you can buy an older Ferrari or Lamborghini Gallardo, which I would take instead. Not to trash anyone's R34, since they are still brilliant cars. But one thing I learned from moving and living in America is how crazy they are for some things like Nismo for some odd reason. I did notice that the Mark IV Supra prices have taken a fall as well.
Unfortunately the days of getting a R34 GTR for $50 000 are looong gone.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
LFA for sale in Germany, 800k euros. No way it's worth that on a tangible level - but then why would anyone pay £15k for a Rolex which arguably hasn't changed in 30 years, vs. a Zenith which has the most "beats" of any automated watch in history, for less money. But Rolex keep selling.

Why does anyone need anything more than a 318d

Why do you need more than 2 bedrooms as a single/married man with no children

Why does anyone need anything

You can't apply logic and reason to the value of something - so while 99.9999% of the world's population won't pay $50k for the R34, there are more people who will, than good R34's exist - and while that happens, the price will go up and up and up. Then, like any bubble, people jump on the bandwagon just to invest, same as crypto - with no real idea about the car, they just buy into the graph.

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
You can't apply logic and reason to the value of something - so while 99.9999% of the world's population won't pay $50k for the R34, there are more people who will, than good R34's exist - and while that happens, the price will go up and up and up.
How true stuartinzg! Look at the knock on effect price-wise its currently having with the other Skyline Models :-

Seriously?? o_O This Guy (Adam) wants £26k for a front end damaged, Airbag deployed and missing its Keys 2.5L Spec 2 GTS-t that's not been on the Road for the past Five Years since its accident?! :ROFLMAO:

Import model 1997 R reg GTST 4WS Spec 2 only done 139k kilometres from new. Was resprayed from original colour white to blue and not been driven for last 5 years since being in an accident. Needs bonnet, bumper, wing, headlight, grill,radiator pack.and front screen. Passenger airbag also deployed and have lost key. Replacement been ordered. Not a hard repair for someone for a very rare car. Company’s out there say they can import one of these for you at £30k but thats if they can find you one. Sold by Nissan UK 01/10/1997. This model has nearly tripled in-value in the last 5 years and increasing.Serious enquiries only as i am looking at selling for over £25,000. Pictures to follow and viewing by appointment only. Adam”
Guess We should all be banging on His Door to get Our Hands on this true Gem seeing as its sooooooo rare after being Sold by "Nissan UK in 1997".....:rolleyes:

LMFAO! :LOL:

·
Registered
236 Posts
They're not really popular in the US. The ones that were imported before decreased in price, but still they are fetching a little bit more than an R32. I did notice that the initial prices when they became legal were high, but they went down almost immediately after nobody was buying any of the GTR trims for $60,000 USD. Curious to see how the R34 fairs.
I would disagree, the R33 had quite a substantial spike in prices leading up to when they became available.

·
Registered
1995 Skyline R33 GTR Nismo V-Spec ( R28 )1999 Nismo R34 GTR V-Spec 1991 R32 GTR.
170 Posts
I bought my 95 R33 GTR V-spec out of Japan, I payed including taxes, shipping, all the fees, $ 45,645.00. I got a good deal on it , dealt with the owner himself, R33 is already built from the ground up and all in-between!

·
Super Moderator
16,034 Posts
I remember the heady days where you could pick up an R32 GTR for £7-10K and I sold my R33GTR for £12.5K...and bought my R34GTR for £23K in 2009. Ahhhh looonnnggg gone.

101 - 120 of 172 Posts