• 80-90K USD

Votes: 19 10.7%
  • Over 100K USD

Votes: 121 68.4%
121 - 140 of 172 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,034 Posts
So with shipping and taxes that's a quarter of a million pound car nowadays...I remember them at £40K!

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
In a selfish way im glad because its trickling down to normal R34's and increasing their value as well. It certainly doesnt look like i will be losing any money on my GTT for example. Depreciation free motoring is always nice!

·
Super Moderator
16,034 Posts
Says 52K on the ad

Reactions: bhp

·
Registered
1995 Skyline R33 GTR Nismo V-Spec ( R28 )1999 Nismo R34 GTR V-Spec 1991 R32 GTR.
170 Posts
So when you put a value on a Skyline R32, R33, or R34 GTR, is that on OEM status?, Or already built! Does it matter? I'm just wondering! I know these tend to be the cars alot of people look forward to buy, that does play into the price increase somewhat. I do know I can make almost double on what I paid here in Canada for my already built up 95 R33 GTR V-spec from Japan. Not going to ( 13 yr old grandson has put his claim in ). But wow prices are moving up fast!

·
Registered
1995 Skyline R33 GTR Nismo V-Spec ( R28 )1999 Nismo R34 GTR V-Spec 1991 R32 GTR.
170 Posts
It’s all hype

It’s the same people driving up probes who think Paul Walker was “cool”
You've hit the nail on the head with that statement, there is some merit to point you've addressed!

·
Registered
26,460 Posts
It’s just a hyped band wagon

many of those who been around for ages can remember when there was a silver 34 sold for 19k and he struggled

it’s all timing

however

to make a gtr good then it needs slot of work , oem bits etc

ive come to the conclusion

they funbut don’t invest in them

People are chasing rainbows

thinking their car is worth £100k as some 34 went through uss tokyo for 20m yen

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
It’s just a hyped band wagon

many of those who been around for ages can remember when there was a silver 34 sold for 19k and he struggled

it’s all timing

however

to make a gtr good then it needs slot of work , oem bits etc

ive come to the conclusion

they funbut don’t invest in them

People are chasing rainbows

thinking their car is worth £100k as some 34 went through uss tokyo for 20m yen
I've seen this a couple times with US owners who bought an R32, in which they buy it expecting they will be the best driver on the road and eventually breaking the car and blaming the whole car. Seems like they all want to be the next Paul Walker just by buying a Nissan Skyline. Reminds me when the film Die Hard had the silver BMW E38, and Americans all gathered in droves to purchase an E38 to be just like the actors of a fictional movie. Happened recently too with Baby Driver, and the Subaru Impreza prices increased. Love this country, but the people are so gullible in the car market especially.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think this stems from the JDM craze that the first Fast and Furious started. Most kids and some adults are not " car savey " they have no understanding on what it takes to make these Skylines come alive and how to drive and take care of them! Granted there are more kids/ adults starting to understand what it takes to maintain any JDM car!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
I agree. I remember overhearing a teen talking to his friend about how he wants a Nissan Skyline as his dream car. Proceeded to say the car had a V8 motor. It's strange.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I lived in England in 2003, I bought a 95 MNP GT-R with about 80k kms for 14k pounds. Had to leave it there when I left. Told myself I would have one again once legal in the states. This summer I purchased an all original 95 MNP GT-R with 33k kms for $67k USD (export/import included). If you want low mileage, accident free, original cars, they are going up like crazy. Next year, the 96s will spike and the year after that, the 97s and so on. These cars have been virtually unattainable by Americans and auctions in Japan are showing their demand. Last week an R34 M Spec Nur went for 30M yen!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Guys maybe stupid question. But is LHD R34 skyline valuable or no? I think are there people who want rather LHD than RHD ?

·
Registered
170 Posts
To tell you the truth, I've never seen a LHD Skyline R32, R33, or R34 GTR. Just RHD.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Guys maybe stupid question. But is LHD R34 skyline valuable or no? I think are there people who want rather LHD than RHD ?
There are a few guys in the middle east that have done LHD conversions. It obviously ruins the originality of the car but if its the only ay you can have one in your country, then why not?

121 - 140 of 172 Posts