• 80-90K USD

Votes: 19 10.7%
  • Over 100K USD

Votes: 121 68.4%
141 - 160 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nostalgia drives the prices. It's the same thing that happened to the muscle cars the generation before me. You have 40 somethings right now are wanting the car they couldn't have when they were 20 years old and they can now afford to pay the price. I expect R34 GT-Rs to generally fetch $100-120K USD for the average driver and GTT will be in the $40-50K USD range. Of course, super low miles virgin examples will bring a premium.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If it is of interest tomorrow, an R34 GTR Tommy Kaira (original 21.000km) should go to auction. Base auction 13 million yen if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Dunno if this has been posted on here before or not but towards the end of this video geezer reckons on some very strong prices for R34's in USA

There was also the grade 5 car with 600 or so kilometres that sold for 37 million yen a few days ago

Seems some 34 owners could retire if they sold up
Anyway, video about the 2F2F Movie R34's

·
Super Moderator
16,034 Posts
Prices are mental lately. Also if you have an R34 random people message you thinking you'll sell for CASH!! LOL.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
Real question though: Do any of you R34 owners plan on selling your car to any American? They are going full overdrive on R34 lusting here. Social media is full of R34 videos as well. There was even a local car show where people were overwhelmingly crowding an R34 while a Carrera GT a few slots down just stood there alone. Not saying their bad cars, but for that price you can buy something grand like a used Rolls Royce Ghost or a used R35 for possibly even a lower price.

·
Registered
26,460 Posts
This debate just keeps going around

i will keep saying what ive said for years

the best prices are fetched at USS (tokyo mostly but others)

you have more bidders.

if it was me, i would ship my 34 back to Tokyo to put through USS

Good and i mean really good 34s are a handful in this country. Most people who have them are not active on this forum or shout about what they have.

They easily have a £200k example at current prices

US buyers will go through an importer, and they will buy from USS with an auction report etc

Never saw the rush for R32/33s in the UK being shipped back to USA, and the same is true for 34 (yep, its lower volume) but you could buy from Oz, NZ, etc

Thats where i would be looking before the UK (due to the weather)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Prices still going up. Sellers are going to make so much $ off of madmen in America.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·

Well, this thread aged horribly well. Utter madness. I wonder how many R34s will be involved in accidents when they become fully legal in America in 3 years, since everyone will think they're Paul Walker when they acquire one. Better off buying a pre-owned Ferrari at those prices.

·
Registered
1995 Skyline R33 GTR Nismo V-Spec ( R28 )1999 Nismo R34 GTR V-Spec 1991 R32 GTR.
170 Posts

Well, this thread aged horribly well. Utter madness. I wonder how many R34s will be involved in accidents when they become fully legal in America in 3 years, since everyone will think they're Paul Walker when they acquire one. Better off buying a pre-owned Ferrari at those prices.
This is why I'm happy and glad I live in Canada, in conjunction with my R33, I have bought a R32 and R34 both from a private seller in Japan. It's only 15 years in Canada, not the 25 years you Yanks must wait to import automobiles! 😁😜😏

·
Registered
1,070 Posts

Would be pretty awesome if they were selling for those prices, but as said before prime examples like these are hard to come by. Most will be bought from Japan that have been meticulously maintained for collectors with lots of money to burn, so not many will be driven often so I doubt there will be a lot of ‘crashed R34’s’. Don’t reckon you’ll be seeing YouTube videos of people driving them into walls or crowds like the Mustang owners seem to enjoy doing as they handle pretty well for heavy cars.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
This is why I'm happy and glad I live in Canada, in conjunction with my R33, I have bought a R32 and R34 both from a private seller in Japan. It's only 15 years in Canada, not the 25 years you Yanks must wait to import automobiles! 😁😜😏
You remind me if my Canadian friend, she’s now a ‘GTR extremist’ 😂 except she isn’t quite as boastful lol... yet 😅

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 · (Edited)
Would be pretty awesome if they were selling for those prices, but as said before prime examples like these are hard to come by. Most will be bought from Japan that have been meticulously maintained for collectors with lots of money to burn, so not many will be driven often so I doubt there will be a lot of ‘crashed R34’s’. Don’t reckon you’ll be seeing YouTube videos of people driving them into walls or crowds like the Mustang owners seem to enjoy doing as they handle pretty well for heavy cars.

I just clicked on the first one I saw, but then I saw this one here. Half a million USD for a Skyline. I never knew I would type out those words into a sentence. So you're saying there will be more of them becoming garage queens instead of being driven on the street? Half a million USD can get you two exquisite Ferraris. I will want to see who buys those cars for that money, because it is obviously not going to be the fast and furious fanatics at that price.
edit: Saw the kms. Still a lot of money.

·
Super Moderator
16,034 Posts
Like a new car that but yes a lot of money...

·
Registered
1995 Skyline R33 GTR Nismo V-Spec ( R28 )1999 Nismo R34 GTR V-Spec 1991 R32 GTR.
170 Posts
Cost of these R34's are wayyyyy up there, out of Japan I paid let's just say little north of 16 million JPY. But I wanted this model ( 99 ) absolutely mint with low mileage from private seller. So I pulled the trigger. Bonus I also bought his 91 R32 off off him , which the prices of those are skyrocketing big time!!.

·
Registered
143 Posts
A mint R32 is being online auctioned by Shannons in Australia this week. I had a look at it. It is mint. It claims to have 10,000 kms. Documentation black hole from 2009-2019 but there is no visible wear on bolsters or interior or underside and the paint and mechanical and engine bay is all great. It is expected to fetch 140k (100k usd) and given its over 100k already I think that is likely. I don't know enough about R32 prices to know if this is high but it seems healthy.

·
Super Moderator
16,034 Posts
I think we should edit the poll to be over 200/300/400 USD how things are going.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think we should edit the poll to be over 200/300/400 USD how things are going.
I know it's bloody insanity, when I first bought my 95 R33 is was 34k CDN, now....ummm good luck on getting a fairly good GTR for that price. They might be out there. As for the R34's and R32's price is more than a new car lol. I could have bought a brand new MB GT coupe., Loaded ?!!!! But I'd rather have these beasts than new .

141 - 160 of 172 Posts