GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the engine was rebuilt 4,000 miles ago with forged greddy pistons (87.5mm) and it has a greddy 1.2 metal head gasket, tomei metal exhaust gaskets, hks metal intake gaskets, everything else is standard. ive been told im running approx 420bhp now and was hoping to take it up to 600ish. at present it has standard turbos with steel internals and 360 bearings running 1.1 bar, greddy E-01 boost controller, trust downpipes, 4" fujitsubo exhaust, chipped ecu (rk tuning) trust airinx air filters and big greddy dump valve,
so is my engine going to take 600 bhp without any more internal work ?
any help would be much appreciated.
sorry its an R32 GTR

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
You could run 500bhp with the turbos you have plus 600cc injectors and the RK stage two chip. After that it gets expensive new Mafs,fuel pump,turbos,cams. See how it goes with 500bhp then take the next step if you feel the car needs it.

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Would imagine so mate. The Std bottom end can probably (just) manage that kind of power, so seeing that you've got forged pistons and a metal head gasket then I can see no problems with it. Might be a good idea to speak to your engine builder or one of the Tuning companies on here to give you some proper advice though and peace of mind.

TT

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Anything above 1.2bar and you will need to replace the rubber intercooler hoses. Also i know there are plenty of people running more but i believe the standard block is good for 480ish.
One of Shins earlier posts a few years back, explained about 10 cars that Nissan used for a full 1 hour`s hard driving on track, against 10 cars with N1 blocks. 9 of the standard engine blocks cracked.
You should be able to find it if you use the search button.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
much appreciated, il think il try for just 500 for now then, will the AFM's be ok with 500bhp ? im told the injectors are about on their limit now running 420ish, does 420 sound about right for the mods i have at the moment ?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Block

That cant be correct about the block's. My car has a standard block with ( late R32 lite block ) HKS 2.8 Step3 Kit and T04z turbo at 2.2bar boost. So far this season its done 9 trackdays, 4 uk timeattacks, at least 20 hours on the dyno and all is fine with it. That would be about 40 hours of proper hard going. Oh and it produces 700+ hub bhp and 600 lbs of torque on pump fuel.

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
That cant be correct about the block's. My car has a standard block with ( late R32 lite block ) HKS 2.8 Step3 Kit and T04z turbo at 2.2bar boost. So far this season its done 9 trackdays, 4 uk timeattacks, at least 20 hours on the dyno and all is fine with it. That would be about 40 hours of proper hard going. Oh and it produces 700+ hub bhp and 600 lbs of torque on pump fuel.
Doesn't the Step 3 kit upgrade all the internals (crank, conrods, pistons etc.)?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
The R32 GTR block is good for 700bhp+ its the standard crank thats not

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Im not saying its right or wrong , just what i had read
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?t=11602

1 - 11 of 11 Posts