GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of interest.

I will be getting one of some sort soon for my 200sx, but would be interested to know which ones people are using and their opinions on it. Are there any good / bad points you've discovered after having it fitted. Any info appreciated

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Boost controllers

I have the GReddy Profec A which is good (the car came with it) it has a few extra functions like an overtake button which gives you up to a minutes worth of extra boost!

I hear Blitz and HKS are also very good.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Under pressure

Dan,

I’ve a GReddy ProFect B controller with a SPA digital pressure meter. ;)

Paul.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Apexi AVC-R

I have the Apexi AVC-R, just been fitted. Love it!

Do have a question though for anyone else with one of the beauties - how the hell do I get the damn thing to enter its 'self-learn' mode?? Have followed the instructions to the letter, but it just wont go into learn mode........ other than that, can highly recommend one! :)

.....only problem is it looks so nice that you keep taking your eye off the road to watch the graphs and dials! :)

Alex

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,604 Posts
AlexD,

Did your Apexi boost controller take long to fit?

I have heard someone mention 5+ hours.

Looking at getting one myself very soon.

Any other info you can give in it would be apreciated.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Apexi AVC-R

Scott,

Not too sure of the exact hours - was fitted by Abbey Motorsport along with lots of other toys and parts so it was tricky to break down the labour charge into individual mods.

I think 4-5 hours seems to be what most people estimate though.

So far (2 days use!), it is great and couldnt recommend one enough although I think that a lot of the time it comes down to personal preference - at the end of the day they all do pretty much the same job, just that some do it with crazy blue graphical displays :)

Alex

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
I had an HKS EVC fitted by Mine's last Saturday. Don't really know how long it took to fit or set up but it works great. Boost is held brilliantly with no spikes or overboosts...a nice little machine:)

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,604 Posts
Cheers Alex & Dino,

I am usually a HKS man, but as Alex says that Apexi unit
has a lovely trick screen and tonnes of extra features.

As long as it still performs well, intersting to see a dyno
plot too see how flat/smooth the boost control is.

I may not have an R34 with a MFD, but I can have a Apexi AVC-R :D :D :smokin:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Boost Controllers

And I use a Blitz Dual Solonoid Boost Controller ... it also fits neatly in the money tray on the R34 :)

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
If you like your little graphs and big displays...or you simply dont have an MFD:D Blitz does 2 types of Boost controllers that diplay a boost graph. One is called SBC-iD and the other, which has just been released is SBC-something(can't remember). Anyway they take up 1DIN space and there is also a little gizmo which can be mated to it ...so both of them take up the place of a stereo head unit. I'm sure there is a pic somewhere.....

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm going for an Apexi Power FC soon and someone has told me to go for the Apexi AVC-R boost controller, as apparently they work together in some way??

Has anyone got this set up and how do they work "together"?

Is anyone using the Power FC optional Boost Controller add-on?? What do you think of it?

So many questions I know...........:)

Thanks for your help in advance guys.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Dan,

Is your car an import or a UK spec. car. From what I've heard the Power FC is not compatible with UK spec ECU's. That is why Option Motorsport sold their S14. I'd speak to Option before you buy anything as they'll give you the exact details.

Talat.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i hv the HKS EVC + Blitz ID speed meter (DCD posted the link)

dat ID speed meter shows you some graph but don't trust it tho....it says my car has over 600hp.........:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dino, hv you fitted a Mine's vx-rom to your car yet?

micahel.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Power FC

Dan,

Well I hope for your sake that it works out ok - I know Kiki mentioned to me that when he fitted his, it ran like a dog and that a lot of the other electronic stuff crapped out. Maybe I misheard him. Anyhoo keep me informed on how it goes once fitted etc as I'm interested in buying and tuning a UK spec. S14 myself.

Talat.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts