GTR Forum banner

What brake pads are you using?

738 views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Andy Hornsby 
#1 ·
yep, just a simple one - what pads are you currently using, and why? are you happy with them?

#5 ·
Pads

Mintex 1155 or DS2500 (for track use) 3000 a lil harsh and new disc's all round !!!

#11 ·
Just changed to DBA front disc's and have been asked to trial the new EBC Yellow stuff pads.:)

Seam very good to date, better than the old ones. Similar to the Greddy Grex sports pads, (so that's good news Dave, they have been the best I've tried so far.).

Then I had turbo issues! Uncle Rod is working his magic:bowdown1: and I should have the car back soon, with a few added other bits,:clap: so I'll be able to do some proper testing.:p

Andy.

#12 ·
I am still running standard R34 front disks although they are coming to the end of their life. A disk and pad change is imminent so this makes interesting reading.
Everyone has different opinions but I do remember the DS2500 (Ferodo 998?) being crap when cold. Keep us updated on your brakes Andy.

#15 ·
davewilkins said:
I am still running standard R34 front disks although they are coming to the end of their life. A disk and pad change is imminent so this makes interesting reading.
Everyone has different opinions but I do remember the DS2500 (Ferodo 998?) being crap when cold. Keep us updated on your brakes Andy.
Will do Dave,:)

I've got a set of EBC rear disc's and yellow sfuff pads to fit as well. Once I've got the car back and the pads are bedded in, I'll keep you posted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.