Hawk HP+ pads

rear:
Garage Saurus big brake conversion kit
Garage Saurus 330mm rotors
Hawk HP+ brake pads

SS braided brake lines
Motul RBF660 brake fluid
Cusco master cylinder stopper

though i am looking for front brake pads (for R34 brembos) that can handle more heat than the HP+ but can still be used on the street

·
Registered
198 Posts
Front;
AP 6-Pots in the front with 365mm Rotors,

Back:
OEM BNR34 Gold Brembo in the back on standard BNR34 Rotors uprated Mintex Track (Hard) Pads and some ferrodo Touringcar pads whom are dusty as hell but stopping the car Epic fast.

Lines; HKS Steinless steel
Other; Cusco Brake stopper

Dont remember what they have for numbers but are really super combo for me on a heavy car as mine.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Well, after 8 pages of seeing other folks brake specs I ave, at last, finalised my own....

FRONT:-
Wilwood P6R Prolite 6-pot calipers
330x35mm Wilwood rotors
Wilwood Polymatrix A pads

REAR:-
Wilwood IR-GT 4-pot calipers
310x32mm Wilwood rotors
Custom bells
Wilwood Polymatrix A pads

Compbrake bias box
Braided lines
Motul competition brake fluid

Will be fitting thermocouples (1 for each axle) and a dispay to keep tabs on F/R brake temps. This setup should be more than man for the job.....

TT

·
R35 Section manager
10,705 Posts
Think we need to start a new poll as I would think most people have changed their brakes since the vote-me included.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Does anyone have any water-cooled brakes or know what the waterlines attach to. Im thinking about changing from F50 brembos to 6piston watercooled AP racing front calipers but just wanted some more info on how they work and what i need to change to them. Thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Water cooled brakes are normally used on rally cars as they use a narrow wheel and packaging space is not as generous as on a GT car. The water cooled brakes use thinner pads / discs than a GT caliper, if you have the space a thicker pad in a GT style caliper with proper air ducting to the disc / caliper would be better.

Cheers
Neil

·
Registered
115 Posts
Cool I was hoping you would come acrossed this. Did you ever hook up your rear watercooled calipers or only trial fit? I remember reading acrossed it before on another post. I heard about the WRC calipers having them but this is from a 1999 nismo JGTC car with lots of rotor room. It kind of looks like your caliper with the an fitting on the rear but this one has two next to each other. I can post pics in three days. It only says precious liquid cooled but im guessing thats water. Do the water lines run from the radiator with an assissted inline water pump to the calipers or is it a different system?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Front: Brembo F50 4 pot with 355mm discs and Endless CCRG pads.
Rear: Standard Brembo 2 pot with 350mm discs and Endless CCRG pads.

I barely need to look at the pedal to make the car stop :D

·
Registered
336 Posts
Stock R33 Brembo front/rear with Coolstop pads.

Eyeing some StopTech two piece rotors for weight savings, though. = )

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm using standard Silvia brake calipers.
Z33 brembo rotors with custom brackets.
But my car is only 2700 pounds or so.
Those new gtrs need huge ones being such heavy pigs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have upgraded the front to the R32 GTR V-Spec Brembo calipers (Same as R33 GTR).

Made the upgrade easy as it's just a straight swap.

Project MU Brake Pads
DBA 4000 T3 Rotors
HEL Braided Hose Lines
Cusco Brake Master Cylinder Stopper

221 - 240 of 264 Posts