GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which brakes can I put on my car so I can put the 15" rims on it? I heard some 200sx or silvias have the right brakes. can anyone help which ones exactly?

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
What's the reasoning for going to 15's....Can't you just go up one size to the 16's which clear the factory brakes?

I'm guessing you are drag racing, IIRC 3 of the top 5 fastest GTR's run 16's

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello. I have no idea how they run 16" wheels since the MT or Hoosiers do not make drag compound tires for the 16" rims :) and in any ways, it is better for launch to have taller tire.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Mmm...Thayt's odd as IIRC the R.I.P.S Drag-R (Ludders) and the Croyden GTR both run factory 16x8 with MT's....

But yes 15's are better, but worth the trouble?

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
If you do need 15s then the front calipers and discs from a 300ZX Z32 (or S14 200SX) should just bolt on (not 100% as obviously people only do it the other way round!). The Z32 has 280mm discs which could fit under 15s. The S14 200SX has smaller rear discs than the Skylines. I can't remember exactly what saize but I think they go under 15s too. Both of these should be OK with your stock master cylinder though I'm only 75% sure that the rear S14 calipers are compatible - there is a chance that the S14 has the hand break in the caliper rather than a separate drum. est to check with someone who knows 200SXs.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for answer! I do not need hand brake. the only thing I am concerned of if the caliper will boil on to the hub! the handbrake - I will use hydraulic no problem! Will the front and rear caliper bolt on?!

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
Thank you for answer! I do not need hand brake. the only thing I am concerned of if the caliper will boil on to the hub! the handbrake - I will use hydraulic no problem! Will the front and rear caliper bolt on?!
Front calipers and disc shout bolt straight on (thought watch out non-turbo Z32s use thinner discs/calipers than turbos).

I don't know about the rears on the S14 - I've never looked into it so can't say.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they might run MT sterrt radials, but that is not exactly the right drag tire if we talking best launch. it is nothing compare to drag tire.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pdtuning - if you are planning on using the car on a drag strip, to get best time you need something one out of 3 tires. it has to be Hoosiers Drag, Mickey Thompson ET Drag, or Goodyear Drag tires. and none of them is made in 16" size in a size of 26 which will fit your car, even not 28. so the only options to use on 16" is MT ET STREET or HOOSIERS QUICK TYIME PRO. which are good tires, no doubt, but not THE BEST for the strip.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yea i seen that thanks, full slicks are only available up too 15" and cant fit 15" on R32 GTR's due to brake size.And i dont want to change my brakes as this is my road car too

Thats what i found, was that RIPS R34 drag skyline use 16" MT ET Street

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes and ET street is not as good as ET DRAG if we talking glued drag strip. if we talking regular road or airport field, the ETstreet is fine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts