GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

unfortunately ive been offered an unreffuseable amount for my 8 series...

so now im having slight, albeit, exciting trouble trying to find another car.

ive narrowed the choice down to the following;

Clio V6 Phase 2.

Monaro VXR 500

Audi RS4 B5

...what do you guys think?? any experience of these cars?

any help gratefully received!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Guy I work withs' brother has a Monaro, pranged it, been waiting a 19 months for parts !! Insurance company now want to write it off and settle at currrent value not at value when it was damaged !

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Audi RS series. Definitely. If you can live with an auto, the older RS6 with flared arches looks the business, and with a twin turbo V8, can't be that slow either :)

But the RS4 looks pretty badass too. Plus, it's an Avant. Practical :D

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
i had a RS6 before my skyline. It was the best car i have ever had. But was just to heavy on fuel. Worked out about £1 per mile.

However the rs4 is a smaller engine so guess will be fine. Also the newer rs4 should be alot better on fuel as it got no turbos where as the RS6 has a V8 twin turbo.

And as for the monaro, you can get parts easy enough. The skyline is much harder to get parts for when had a crash. Guess its being delt with by a crap insurance company and garage. We had one in that was damaged and the parts was here in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
..hadnt thought about the RS6!...

my mates dad would deffinately say his RS4 was the best car hes ever had...and ive honestly never been in a faster-feeling car...shame it was written off ithin 5 months of him having it! (not his fault).

the monaro gives me a hard one due to that chevvy block...yesterday i was working down at the ultima factory and saw a few LS2's etc...according to them, an awesome engine.

the Clio v6 phase 2 is the outside bet...but if i go buy the motoring press and common opinion, it most likely will be my weapon of choice...depreciating less than the others (i can see monaros taking a second 'drop') and the cheapest to service and run? (bar the tyres!).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.