GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all I am thinking of changing the clutch in my r32 gtr it currently has a twin plate of unknown make( it makes a grinding noise when you put your foot down on the clutch maybe os giken or ORC??? anyone know?) and is a bit too hard core for me and is a right pain in the ass in traffic (which there a lot of in London) the car is currently running standard power (300hp at the wheels) so is a bit over kill having a twin plate looking a clutch which is more better in traffic and can handle some power when I decide to buy some gt2530 I was told the Nismo super copper mix is quite good ?

Thanks

·
Registered
353 Posts
if its os giken it should be very street driveable i have a tripple plate in my 34 currently running around 900+bhp if there is absolutely no biting point on yours then its hks clutch i use to have a 33gtr and kept stalling the car due to clutch wanting hard throttle on lift
hands down for os giken :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
im also looking for a new clutch for my r33 gtr.. going for 400-450bhp.

Im unsure how long the stock clutch will last or much it will take.

is an exedy stage1 clutch enough or do i need a better clutch?

cheers

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Nismo Coppermix Twin. By far the best streetable clutch, no excessive rattle in neutral, smooth engagement, holds plenty of power (more than 600bhp). Nismo hit a home run with this clutch. Last summer when I checked the plates, they were still within spec after 15,000km of torturously slow city driving and hard launches.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nismo Coppermix Twin. By far the best streetable clutch, no excessive rattle in neutral, smooth engagement, holds plenty of power (more than 600bhp). Nismo hit a home run with this clutch. Last summer when I checked the plates, they were still within spec after 15,000km of torturously slow city driving and hard launches.
Looks like the Nismo is the one to go for but which one shall I get the twin or the single? I am definitely going to upgrade the turbo's in the future so need something that can take it

I'd recommend the Nismo Super Copper Mix, they are hands down the easiest aftermarket clutch to drive.
We are having a sale on them right now as well, very cheap!
:smokin: cool how much would It be shipped to the UK?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Exedy clutch

I am thinking about getting a Exedy Hyper Triple plate clutch pull type, what is your opinion on it, is it good?

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
nismo gmax

you want a red cover twin 6paddle nismo gmax clutch.just so happens ive got one for sale onthe parts section on here!!:p:p:p:p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts