GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had an excellent :) quote for a respray (from a highly recommended body shop, who I've recently found is run by a friend of a friend) of the GTR, so now I need to think about colours... Any thoughts, I don't want any standard R33 colours...

Pictures would help me too. Particularly of skylines in none-standard colours...

So far I've considered -

Bayside Blue (are there any R33's in BB? Can someone do a photoshop job?)
A crazy flip job (ala Richard Bell's, but probably different colours)

But what other colours would really make the car look good?

Thanks,

Jon

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Jon, I've used paint shop pro to produce an R33 in a colour near to Bayside Blue. I will upload it when I have found somewhere to upload it on the net :)

Regards,
-Elliot

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Ok, I've got the picture uploaded. It probably won't work after too many people have viewed this topic though:rolleyes:

Regards,
-Elliot

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jeff, my 30k miles GTR has loads of stratches and stone chips on the front - lets say it is X for the paint to be sorted or 2X for for a full respray in a new colour (bare metal etc etc)! I'm not sure red is the best skyline colour, and it also fades worst...

Elliot, if you mail me a piccy ([email protected]) I'll host the piccy on here!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Blue looks good, don't suppose you've any side shots?!

Any other suggestion - I don't want a pink car ;) a collegue suggested pink, but its not really me...

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Elliot - how'd you do that ? I've done it in the past using Masks to select certain areas of an image, but have trouble doing a good colour change.

Any help you can offer i'd appreciate (via the forum or via a PM or email).

Thanks,
Daz

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Hi Daz,

What I did was I selected an area, using the select area tool. Then I went onto 'Colours' on the bar thing at the top. Then I went onto 'Colourise'. Then you just change the numbers to different numbers, and experiment to see which numbers make which colours. I used 152 for the top colour, and left it as 200 on the bottom colour.

I hope I have explained it easy enough :)

Regards,
-Elliot

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
R34_GT-t said:
Hi Daz,

What I did was I selected an area, using the select area tool. Then I went onto 'Colours' on the bar thing at the top. Then I went onto 'Colourise'. Then you just change the numbers to different numbers, and experiment to see which numbers make which colours. I used 152 for the top colour, and left it as 200 on the bottom colour.

I hope I have explained it easy enough :)

Regards,
-Elliot
Hi Elliot - cheers for that....sounds exactly like i've been doing...i just haven't been doing very well at getting a good colour from the colourise option.

Daz

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Hi,

Jon, Thanks for the picture :) I have to use a car in a lighter colour though. Sorry I should have said. I have used another picture and uploaded it :) To me, it looks like the colour 'Le Mans Blue' on the R33 GTR LM....don't know if you think the same?
I have tried to upload it here from 'Imagestation' but it doesn't work. I've sent it to you by e-mail.

Regards,
-Elliot

·
Registered
425 Posts
How about the green / gold pearl that Nissan did for the Primera and Micra? Or why not a gun grey metallic R33?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts