GTR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the most fantastic Purple paint ever adorning a GTR at Billing yesterday, and I'd love to find out the name of it so I can spray my Supra in it! (Yeah, I know, Supras vs Skylines, we're meant to be enemies but I love em both!)

I'm not a Skyline expert, (and I had a monster hangover from Saturday night) so please forgive my vague description, but . . .

It was an R33 GTR I think, might have been an R34. Non-english numberplate, it was MC **** xx - two letters, four numbers and two letters. I also saw it with a big gold sun-reflector thingy in the windscreen at one point, or at least I think that was the same car. Damn that Aftershock, killing off my braincells at a crucial point!

I'm pretty sure it was a standard Nissan colour, I just don't know the name of it. Dark purple, with light purple flakes in it. I just had a look through all the sites picture galleries, and the only possible match I could see was Steve Riches R33 in "Owners' Cars", Tyrrian Purple. Was that the colour?

Great turnout by you lot anyway, those cars look stunning. Some guy was telling me I could get an R32GTR from Oz for £4k all in . . . is that for real or was he even drunker than I was?

TIA

Adam
Toyota Supra . . . T04 compressor . . . soon to be purple (hopefully!)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah I saw and dribbled too, it was a stunning colour, its got to be the only Twin turbo bar of Dairy Milk ever made!

there was another flip painted R33 near by which just had the deepest metallic colour I've ever seen.

serious money, and even more serious paranoia that some plankton scumbag would key it up

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Hi Enemy, :D

Sounds like Richard Bells' car.

I wasn't there but that is ultra cool. not a std colour though as far as I know...

as for 4 k landed if you paid that little for it you wouldn't want to drive it. call me pessimistic but 4k for a gtr it would be an absolute shitter.

the prices for R32's are on the rise now with the minimum you want to pay being about 12k for a decent one, some un modded ones command a price of around 20k if they are low mileage in a1 nick..

good luck anyway.

/Steve

·
Registered
520 Posts
It was probably Richard Bells.:

Awesome colour :D not a standard Nissan paint though I'm afraid.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, it wasn't that one. I like those colour-changey paints but I ain't that rich! This was much simpler, a really deep metallic purple with tiny, lighter purple "sparkles" in it (technical term there!).

Thanks for all the suggestions so far, keep em coming!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yep, cetainly looks like the Richard Bells one I saw so I think the other one Adam is refering to is the really deep flecked one which was near to where all the GTOs were parked.

it had a really grainy metallic fleck / flip paintjob. Almost looked like something you'd find on a bumper car at the Fair.

really impressive to look at, must have taken bloody ages to get right too.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well thats my car, but I wasnt at Billing unfortunately.

The car is very dark metalic purple, its darker than most of the ones I have seen.

AFAIK its not been resprayed, I will check the colour code.

Leigh

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
This is the car you saw.

I think it's Midnight Purple and confirms with your Nº plate details.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hooray! That's the car! I'd forgotten about the stickers on it but it all comes flooding back to me now! Midnight Purple it is then :D

·
Supraman
148 Posts
If it's Midnight Purple then it's definitely the same as Matt_S's RB25'd SilEighty - and it looked bloody good on that too!

Although given what we were drinking on Sat night maybe you should go for Aftershock Purple... ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts