GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I`m going to be re-spraying my R33 in a few weeks and was wondering what you opinions on colour would be. The car is currently purple but I have access to some fancy paint. What do you think ?

www.standox.com/colors/englisch/exclusiv/excline.htm

I can have any of these colours of I was thinking maybe midnight purple 2 to be a little different!!

Let me know what you think.

Richard
:p

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Paint job

Hi Richard,

That new Catalunya Splash look pretty cool...but as with all these flip paint jobs, pictures never do any justice to them!!

Dino

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Bayside Blue

Personally you need a colour that is as striking as the car you are driving. Also I think colour choice says a lot about you as an individual. I feel the Bayside Blue 34 that I drive totally suits the cars lines and also looks STUNNING on the road. This WOW factor has been told to me by 99% of people that have spoken to me re the car. Sublty is cool but you do need a colour that complements the car. ie Mercedes/BMW Silver, Ferrari Red (sorry David Yu), British Sportscars BRG, Fiat Seicento Yellow (OK so i'm struggling now but you know what I meen.) But ultimately it isn't down to what other people think. You pay your money?

Oh one more thing I must mention. Their are statistics that show people who drive multi colouring cars enjoy varied s and m activities and have a tendency towards cross-dressing. Phew, glad I drive a Blue one.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Guys,

Well at the mo iv got it narrowed down to 3 colours but I`m just waiting for the spray out card before I decide 100% Here are the top runners in order :)

Midnight Purple 2
Catalunya Splash
Monte Carlo Magic

Its not a nice thing to have to decide but I spose if I don`t like it I can always do it again :) Maybe a different colour each year :cool:

I`v just ordered all the original stickers that go into the doors shuts ect just to make it look as original as possable :) I`ll be taking Loads of pics stage by stage if anyones intrested !!

Take Care

Richard

·
Registered
275 Posts
Colour

Midnight Purple 2
Catalunya Splash
Monte Carlo Magic

Methinks one of the above will be more than suitable. Best advice is to pick what you prefers as u will have to look at it everyday.

Send us the photos of the work to be done.

Did u find out the make of dump valves ??

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi there,

Looks like the midnight purple 2 is out of the question as its proving quite hard to get hold of some. Found one paint supplier that can get it but its £350 for 1/2 a litre & I`m going to need 5 litres !!! I`m still waiting for the sprayout cars on the others before I decide. And yes I will take a load of pics stage by stage and post them on here.

I`v not had a chance to look at the dump valves but the more I listen to them the more I think its a HKS SQV as I`v had one of these on my last car. I may take it to work tommorow and have a look and I`ll let ya know.

Take care

Richard

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Shak

Right I`v had alook and it seems my cars got 2 HKS SQV`s on it :) Looks like I`m finding new bits that I didn`t know it had. I had it on the ramp the other week and its got the highflow down pipes to which is good as I was going to buy them but now I can spend the money on other bits :)

Anyway Catch you later

Richard

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I don't know if it will help, but I recently bought an R34 VSPEC II and I had a choice of the standard bright blue or Pewter.

I went to look at both of them side by side and for me there is no doubt that the pewter brought out the shape of the car sooooo much more than the blue. It also brought out the agressivness of the front too.

Yet I used to have an R33 and that wouldn't have looked quite as good I don't think.............

It's quite hard, but I think you'll find that a colour that looks good on an R33 wouldn't do an R34 justice .........and I'm sure it's the same for the R32 Vs R33 etc etc.

I've got a pic of my car at www.indigo-nz.com/gtrcentral/front3quarter.jpg it really doesn't do my car justice either as it was a crappy day, but I thought it might help !!

Cheers from NZ
Fraser

PS I like all the 3 choices you're trying to decide on, for me though I think the 360 Modena colour looks the best.:smokin:

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Pic

Canman

Wouldn't say that's a crap pic. I along with Scott had some done in the rain/overcast and they came out really well. Moody kind of pics seem to bring out the Skylines features as well.

T6KYO

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I'm just a real stickler for making sure my car looks 100% when showing it to others.......I took those piccies when it was 4 days old but I've worked on it quite alot since then with DCD's help.

It doesn't ride 3 metres off the ground as it looks in the picture :)

I had an R33 VSPEC and wasn't even in the slightest bit interested in changing it for an R34 until I saw my current one in Pewter, the standard colour just doesn't do it for me, although it does for many others..........that's whats so good about GTR's, there's no right or wrong combo really........just be sensible and they're all desirable.

I've got some more piccies if anyones interested, I'm also knocking up a website soon to be posted at www.gtrcentral.com so I'll let you know.........................not trying to compete Joss !!! just want to put together all the stuff I've collected over time, in case it's interesting to someone !!!

PS Joss do you need someone to host your site or are you OK for that now ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts