GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've ordered mine (due mid jan) and can't wait!

Forget warranty issues for a moment and let's immagine a typical (fast) driver that enjoys the country roads and a few track days occasionally.

As R35 owners, what aspects of the car do you think could be improved upon/changed to make it "perfect".

Of course there's hundreds of aftermarket mods possible (I own an EVOIX that's not exactly stock) from all over the globe, but what would you owners recommend as must dos?

I've road tested the car myself and experienced track use on the passenger seat only (for now). Some have mentioned the brakes, others are concerned with high oil temps at critical conditions, some say the car rolls too much, others miss a proper iPod/iPhone connection...

Looking forward to your feedback. I am asking the same questions over on the italian forum as well, so it'll be good to compare response I suppose.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
The sound system is rubbish :D
I have seen what Bose have put their name to, and it's embarrassing.

But you really need LI 'parking sensors' ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ian, can you still get the LI "parking sensors"?, I thought they wern't available any
more.
I am awaiting results of your audio install, give us a shout when your next in Manchester.

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
LI has always been available. Dont believe a disgruntled UK supplier who lost his distributor status.

Mods which I thin make the GTR better..

- Y-pipe

- COBB Accessport

- AP discs and upgraded pads when your originals need changing.

everything else is then down to personal taste.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I did a lot of research on this, I only want the very best for my car but I also appreciate good value, [email protected] is the man to talk to, GTC offer the best step by step tuning and upgrades in the UK.

his exhaust + Access Port mod saves 44kg in weight and is the most future proofed mod around.

Ive also changed the seats for Cobra Carbon Imola which saved another 65kg, the car feels much lighter much more agile and is noticeably quicker too..

heres his number; Tel: +44 1438 833367

Happy Tuning!

Regards

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
thanks Alex :)

we're just warming up

Not wanting to stand still...

A UK R35 engine is out for r&d, turbo's removed for modification to compressor, ihi bb. potential 600, 700, 800 packages. (should have pics this week)

Cobb have cracked tcm security

Thistle working flat out on air and fuel calculation for smooth mapping of big power.

gtc clutch packs coming

Forge / gtc cooling options

whiteline / cobb sway bars

Cosworth head gasket, air filter and special bearings

gtc carbon aero

Suspension and brake options

That said we believe 80% of owners will be happy with just exhaust & map. Bread & butter effective and value. The whole car is geared/built up for circa 600hp without spending a fortune uprating it. But there's 20% like GTRSTAR who all it all :p

Marco- are you coco from gtr italia ? ordered a Titan :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi Ben, no I'm not coco from the italian forum. I have the same username there as well. have been reading and researching though. Car due in mid jan 2010 and will be running in before I do anything.

I understand the weight saving strategy with a lighter exhaust and seats as well as an increase in boost over stock (bear in mind I own an EVOIX that's not exactly stock).

Questions:
- how does your titan exhaust compare with stock in noise level terms?
- do you get to keep catalysers?
- how is it possible that a "step 1" map will do without checking AFR values while running the car on the road? I've had my EVO tuned on the road with AFR sensors. Surely it's not just a question of higher boost levels...

Thanks in advance for your answers

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
hi Ben, no I'm not coco from the italian forum. I have the same username there as well. have been reading and researching though. Car due in mid jan 2010 and will be running in before I do anything.

I understand the weight saving strategy with a lighter exhaust and seats as well as an increase in boost over stock (bear in mind I own an EVOIX that's not exactly stock).

Questions:
- how does your titan exhaust compare with stock in noise level terms?
- do you get to keep catalysers?
- how is it possible that a "step 1" map will do without checking AFR values while running the car on the road? I've had my EVO tuned on the road with AFR sensors. Surely it's not just a question of higher boost levels...

Thanks in advance for your answers

1. Titan 98db oem 88db
2. if you choose y-pipe will remove mid cats. if you want downpipes removes engine cats
3. you do check afr and knock and other parameters via datalogging......gtr has factory wide band. its reliable than checking afr via external sensor after two sets of cats.

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
TCM = Transmission Control Module.....

The guys are looking at having more control over the communication between the engine and gearbox, which has caused some "limp mode" issues with modded cars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts