GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a Skyline; I want a GTR.

I have a total budget of £25,000...

What ought I be able to get for that? It's really hard to price skylines cos there's so few about. I'm thinking i can get a 97R low miler R33 VSpec for that... Anyone have a better idea?

thanks

jon

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Hi Jon,

You have a few options really, for that kind of money you'd be able to get a real "minter" and probably do stage 1 mods to get her the way she should be.

The other alternative would be to buy one of the higher mileage ones you see about for 12-15 k then spend another 10k on bits and bobs to get a really sorted car.

It depends on what you want really.

another option would be to buy an already modded car with big brakes etc.. you could probably spend up to 25k on a fairly well sorted R33 and be ready for the track/dragstrip.

It really depends on if you want a really tight car that you won't have to do a thing to. Or if you are planning extensive modifications which require rebuilds anyway then the condition of the engine/turbos is not really too important as you'll be ripping it all out and starting afresh..

For track work I'd recommend bigger brakes, these seem to make more difference than 100 BHP would to your laptimes. but then bigger brakes and an extra 100 ponies and you have it all !!

sorry about the waffle.

/Steve

Decide what you want to do at this stage and save yourself a fortune. If you go for modifying try to have an action plan so you only have to buy parts once (where possible) an example would be getting steel internals for the turbos, then deciding you want more power and buying bigger turbos..same for intercooler,injectors,ECU's,suspension.. the list is endless.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem is, since i'm only 23, the insurance on a modded car will kill me. I can afford insurance on a standard car, (well, standard + aftermarket exhaust and speed delimited). But i can't do any more work on it yet.

I would likely want to modify it once i hit 25 (only 14 months away) (jesus i'm starting to get old).

The big debate I have going on in my head is whether to go for a uk or a grey car. grey's are cheaper, but if i get a uk from middlehurst it'll have a warranty and stuff.

Jon

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
sliippery

You could get yourslef a nice late R33 UK car for that sort of money at a stage one tune with low mileage.
If you wait a few months you could nab yourself a nice R34 on say an S or T plate.
Ok it may be an import and have some mileage on it but it is a 34. That is my eventual route I guess who knows. Very happy in R33 land at the moment.
The UK 34s are fetching big money and for good reason.
If I were you I would sit tight and see what happens.

Nick

·
Registered
466 Posts
I got a good one

By the way we where going, having just returned from amsterdam today (shit.. I feel ill!)

£25k will buy u and 3 mates a whole week - if you take it easy :)

666 sky

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Disagree

with UK 34's being much more expensive. Not long and they'll be coming out of warranty and lets face it nothing goes wrong with any of GTR's really does it.

25K, nice position to be in. Just TAKE YOUR TIME.

Happy hunting :D

glen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts