GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok chaps. I'm new here. But I would like your advice.

I know of the existence of a Skyline GTS, auto, 4wd, 2.5 turbo for 4k. The reason it's so cheap is that it's a L reg, done 81k miles, and the paintwork and front bumper is in serious need of some TLC.

I would like to know what you guys think it might be worth if I spent some time and money on it getting the bodywork and bumper sorted out, and any other ninor niggles that might be present.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
To be honest if you are looking circa £6500 then I would get a GTR32. I think you could pick up a decent one for that money and save yourself the headaches. And it would be faster;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, 6.5k for a R32 GT-R is unrealistic...but what's the one that I'm on about worth if in good nick?!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Sorry, not on the ball there at all:) Please forgive me I have had a hard day...

Looking on Autotrader you can pick up a high miler for around £7k although they are manuals. The only problem I have noticed with autotrader is that they have a really big price range for skylines at the moment. I was comparing mine the other day to get an idea of what it was worth and according to cars for sale there it could be worth anything from £8k to £12.5k.

I would think £7k is a reasonable price, you may even get more.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
The question is if you put the work in do you want to get rid of it;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd want to get rid of it, to make a little profit on it, and then buy a manual !! :)

Can't stand the idea of having a decent sports car with an automatic gearbox!!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
too right:)

Does depend on the car, my uncle had a BMW 540i a while ago and that had a fantastic auto box, very responsive to the boot.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I dont think thats a bad price at all mate....has it done 81000miles or Kilometres and are you sure?? Paintworks nothing to fix pennies just a little elbow grease is all.....

Go for it, I would...but I Lurve my babe tooooooo much!!

SI

PS Mines Auto and there isnt anything wrong with an Auto box in a skyline, helps you keep it under control....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts