GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

What did everyone think of Gaydon? I thought it was a very good day...what happened to those of you on here that didn't manage to make it...Peter E etc...

Excuses please...

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
AWOL.

Hi Chris,

Sorry I couldn't make it; it coincided with my wife's school annual outing to Goodwood races. I know where I would have rather been especially as I only had two winners all day.

Still, see you at the track day if you haven't deserted us Skyline owners by then.... :D

Peter.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Chris,

I really wanted to go but the car was in UK and the driver was in Singapore!!! The convoy up the M40 sounded a bit of fun.Were there any stray M3's about or was the old Bill out in force?

Gonna try and make it to the track day

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Gaydon

Blinding Chris. You pulled it together really well and good choice of venue. I tip my hat to you sir:D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sorry,

Out at bookatrack.com's track day at Oakington - Should have gone to Gaydon though! My suspension was set up way too hard for the circuit, and I spent the day bouncing between "mars bar" moments...

Next time,

Dave

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
On the way to Gaydon.

Chris,
Yep, the Gaydon gathering was the best and biggest I've been too. Not surprising really as it was probably the biggest ever gathering in europe.
We had a great drive down the M40 in a 20 car convoy (200sx & GTiR's included).
Due to the reported police presence the pace was slow, which gave everyone the oppertunity to cruse to the front, then drop back throught the feild checking out the other cars. It was great Skylines every where, front back and beside. At one point we even had europes first ever kyline traffic jam!!!

Anyway congrats on organising a great day, all we need next time is to get them in action!!!

P.S. Has anyone had their photos developed and could post some up.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Gaydon

As someone new to the world of Skyline I was please to meet like minded People!

A good turn out and what a fantastick chance to see the history of Skyline

Thanks Chris!

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Meeting Comments

I agree with Bruce. A great meeting.
There is a lot a knowledge to be learnt from other owners as these are fairly rare cars in the UK (especially R32). My only regret is that I did not arrive earlier, have more time and get a chance to talk to people like Kiki (a popular guy).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts