GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to replace discs and pads not done any track days as of yet and probably would only do one or two if any. Any advise??

·
Registered
609 Posts
The Alcons seem to be the favourite choice and offer better results over OEM according to most people I know that opted for them.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Front Alcon 400's and Pagid's all round - have been a v good combination for me. Mostly road use with a few tracks. Eye popping stopping compared to stock (at least pre MY11)
Low squeal (thankfully rare in my case), relatively long life too given my use.
Little to no vibration issue on track. Some marbling of the disc due to track use.
Castrol CTF worth putting in too if you are going to track it at all.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I got the Performance Friction discs and Ferodo racing pads they fitted a treat and the braking is much better than the standard pads and discs. Have noticed the brakes are running a lot cooler after a spirited drive I think they have a patent on some sort of cooling design. Coordsport were really helpful and price was good would recommend.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
AP Discs or PFC.

Pagid RS 29`s or EBC NDX Blue Stuff pads for fast road are very, very good..

both are awesome, although EBC are cheaper

·
Registered
26 Posts
can the Alcon 400 breaks go on the stock Brembo breaks or do you have to change these also?
also when people talk of the rotors been changed, what are these?
I must say it is my first super car but had all the super bikes and these things are fast but my god I could be a tuned hayabusa for a set of breaks.

would I have been reading right 7500 for a set of breaks calippers for the gtr or might of been more.

hopefully I have a few thousand left but its nice to be prepared as have not got bottomless pit for maintenance.

cheers gary

·
Registered
423 Posts
can the Alcon 400 breaks go on the stock Brembo breaks or do you have to change these also?
also when people talk of the rotors been changed, what are these?
I must say it is my first super car but had all the super bikes and these things are fast but my god I could be a tuned hayabusa for a set of breaks.

would I have been reading right 7500 for a set of breaks calippers for the gtr or might of been more.

hopefully I have a few thousand left but its nice to be prepared as have not got bottomless pit for maintenance.

cheers gary
The Alcon 400mm front brake assembly can be used with the oem Brembo caliper they use spacers to move the calliper out.

The rotor is what is most people call the brake disc and is just the actual disc not the bell that it is mounted too.

If you need brakes let me know I can do you good deals on various options

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sly did a great job fitting Alcons all round with pagids too. Only done this week, so not had a chance to really try them out! Done at the same time as the 36 month service too. :clap:

Had a few essential bits done too, as I'm looking to keep it a bit longer..........need to save for suspension and maybe a little more power now:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,456 Posts
I run AP discs with Pagid pads on a stage 4 car. The discs can be bought for a very good price from Tim at Circuit Supplies, tel 01525 385888 and for Pagid pads give Jamie at Evotune a call, he does them at the cheapest price in the UK.

·
Registered
26 Posts
thanks for the replies gives some food for thought, though hoping the brakes last a few thousand miles. I am assuming that it will be track days that realy take there toll on the breaks and tires? mind I done a few launches today and think my tires might need changing sooner rather than later

cheers gary

·
Registered
167 Posts
The Alcon 400mm front brake assembly can be used with the oem Brembo caliper they use spacers to move the calliper out.

The rotor is what is most people call the brake disc and is just the actual disc not the bell that it is mounted too.

If you need brakes let me know I can do you good deals on various options
Jamie - you have pm.

Thanks

Eric

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Another vote for the AP discs....after many VMAX runs etc they have taken the punishment exceptionally well unlike the OEM discs that are clearly made of chocolate!

I have run Carbotech pads which i found squealed a bit too much for me and now running EBC orange stuff which have been great and don't fade.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts