GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the budget to buy an R34 GT-R. However, it is pretty much limited. So,my current choice is to buy a 1999 or 2000 GT-R of high mileage ( about 3.5 - 4 mil yen right? ) and have the extras to do a full engine rebuild OR to buy a low-mid mileage gt-r or probably v-spec. btw, I'm currently is australia. It has been bogging in my mind for a while. If it were u guys who have that budget, what would u guys go for? I'm gonna mod it to about 500-600hp slowly with my limited budgets. And no, I don't think i could fork out for an engine rebuild anytime after i buy the gt-r..well,because i don't control the finance..(my dad buys it for me)..gimme reasons please..i might be able to stretch the budget for a v-spec though but u guys think it would be worth it or the normal gt-r makes no difference?? v-spec 2 is out of budget though...i'm planning to get the gt-r from japan if it is for the high-mileage ones...please help me make my decision..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
18 ...:flame: but i ain't a dreamer for sure..I seriously need opinions from u guys.. there's still a lot more for me to learn about mechanical side of a car..i've been lurking around gtr.co.uk for quite a long time already :) i find u guys to be helpful, however some unfortunate 1's get shot down like there's no tomorrow...hope i'm not 1 of them..

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
bl**dy hell mate, how much is your insurance gonna be? :eek: lol
you have done insurance quotes havent you?
in england the insurance is really high.

I would suggest you buy something smalled first, the GTR is really viscious, like a supra and if you crash its not a exspensive motor.

·
R35 Section manager
10,975 Posts
bl**dy hell mate, how much is your insurance gonna be? :eek: lol
you have done insurance quotes havent you?
in england the insurance is really high.

Id guess at £2500,still its only money:chuckle:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I know the insurance would be pretty expensive but I'll find a way to get it insured for sure :) I've been driving a Mitsubishi Airtrek Turbo (sold already because i came to aus ) and am currently driving my brothers evo around so i think a stock gt-r should be ok for me ? I know lots of young kids (thats what u guys call us) get these cars and just go crazy on the road and end up hitting a tree or smt.. but i treat my cars with respect and i only play with my car in a safe environment until i get used to the car.. of course when i own a gt-r i'll go for defensive driving course and stuff lidat..and if i crash the gt-r.. i'll never get another 1 again.. I've always followed the speed limits n stuff.. :) I ain't a hoon:chuckle: opinions pls.. :popcorn:

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
i dont know about austrailia but its cheap to buy and import from japan but after the import costs and SVA test will knock a vspec up to £30,000, use google to convert that into what ever your currency is.

a 34GTR is the best looking and lovley car to own, you wont regret buying it.
Dad agreed to buy it for ya but is he paying for insurance or you?

Plus a skyline needs a good service very often and are exspensive when they go wrong and exspensive to modd.
If you ok with all that then go buy it!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My old man is gonna pay for everything :chuckle: btw how often do u mean by? I'm ready for the every 5000km oil change and all those that are necessary. what u reckon? high mileage or a v-spec?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol..no im not that rich as what u guys describe as...we're just a small family and my parents work just to earn a living... yeah, i have a honda jazz btw and it's my daily driver :)

my questions are not answered..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
I currently have the budget
Daddy, currently has the budget ;)

i think a nice 200sx is a good car to first start out with now. do a lot of trackdays so you can get used to serious car action, and then when your 20 let daddy buy you a skyline.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
every 3000miles if you really wanna look after it, i'd say thats about 5000km
be careful, the 4wheel drive on the GTR's makes an unpredictable car when learning

1 - 15 of 15 Posts