GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
What do you want from the car? What are you intending to do in the future? Are you going to map it yourself or have a friend or tuner do it? Where are you based? etc. etc.

The answer is highly variable, depending on the level of tune you want to end up with.

For most people, A'PEXi PFC is fine. HKS F-Con V Pro is a good step up. MoTeC are stunning, and AEM are pretty good by all accounts. GReddy Emanage has had some impressive results, but the knowledge base in the UK is slim. And so on.

To cut to the chase, pointless question. Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
AEM, but you have to be very good at mapping to get it to work.

·
Registered
670 Posts
stupid discussion. I prefer AEM as well but it all comes down to the experience and how you feel about using the particular ECU. Some people like autronic, some motec, some AEM etc.etc. in the end they do pretty much all the same. It's like 95% the tuner and 5% the ecu
what color is best for the GTR?
What wheels are best looking on the GTR?
What tires can I put on the GTR
what is the best cruising speed with a blue GTR?

all stupid :)

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
What Do U Think is The Best ECU for A Skyline gtr RB26

Any that uses a crank mounted trigger wheel, and preferably high impedance injectors, or peak and hold injector drivers.

Even exotic engine management systems using the stock cam sensor would be an inferior solution on a moderate power spec RB.

·
Registered
485 Posts
stupid discussion. I prefer AEM as well but it all comes down to the experience and how you feel about using the particular ECU. Some people like autronic, some motec, some AEM etc.etc. in the end they do pretty much all the same. It's like 95% the tuner and 5% the ecu
what color is best for the GTR?
What wheels are best looking on the GTR?
What tires can I put on the GTR
what is the best cruising speed with a blue GTR?

all stupid :)

True, Fair & Funny Arnout...:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
what color is best for the GTR? bright yellow (so you can find it when you are legless)
What wheels are best looking on the GTR? - ones with tyres on
What tires can I put on the GTR - round ones
what is the best cruising speed with a blue GTR? - obviously 2.75 mph slower than a white one

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I have tried lots of ecus on skyline. For a drop-in type ecu, the power fc is the best choise in my opinion.

If you are going for a standalone non-drop in type i would reccomend Autronic or Electromotive TecGt.

Im currently using Electromotive, and it has the best ignition setup out there.

What you want is a trigger mounted to the crank, and a home / sync signal from the cam. This gives you the most accurate system.

But like it has been said earlier in this thread, it all boils down to the guy who is mapping the car.

A few years ago i was using a stoneage old Electromotive Tec2 in my skyline, and it still it made 560hp at the wheels.

Asim

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
I have had the stock ECU remapped. For my modest goals it works fine. I understand that there is a Vipec (I think it's called) unit which fits into the original box.

Obiviously these are my preferences (stock look and unlikely to be fiddled with by me). If you want to ditch the MAFs and run anti-lag, nitros, launch and traction control you might want something else!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts