GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just picked up an ARC intercooler to fit my R32 GTR, core is 70mm thick (oem is 60mm) so its +10mm on oem core. i didnt measure they other dimensions but i assume its similarily a little bigger than oem. the contstruction quality is amazingly superb.

the fins are in good shape except for 2 places where they're bent... but i pressure tested it and it holds pressure just fine.

its got the original "ARC" ID tag on the top and it looks pretty mean... i checked the arc website but it seems they havent manufactured anything for the R32 for a LONG time...

i already bought it and i THINK i got a good deal, but im wondering what you guys might price this at... given its got 2 bent fins. but otherwise in perfect condition.

thanks,

the design is exactly like this:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
You could argue that it's worth whatever someone wants to pay for it. If you think you got a good deal, then that's all that matters, surely?

What did you pay for it?

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
You could argue that it's worth whatever someone wants to pay for it. If you think you got a good deal, then that's all that matters, surely?
Exactly....use it in the knowledge you got a great deal :clap:. I have had many 'great deals' and am happy with what I paid. Before I buy ANYTHING I have a pretty good idea of the cheapest NEW price and the average used price and go from there.

TT

·
Registered
794 Posts
I got an IC with big ARC written on it in my car and looks like dat...came with the car but...reckon its worth at least 300quid depends on condition

·
Registered
25,748 Posts
Used ARC intercoolers usually run around 40,000-60,000 JPY in Japan. ARC currently makes 9 different intercooler setups for the BNR32, with the cheapest priced at 113,400 JPY.
was going to say the same

around 40,000 yen is the right sort of mark

they still make stuff for GT-R

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow... thanks guys thats very informative.. then i definitley feel i got a fair price.

for fixing bent fins can i litterrally just re-straighten them with needle nose plyers? or is there some inherent danger of causing a leak?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The fins aren't part of the airways. That's the bars between the fins. Do what you like to them ;)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
right, so i corrected as best i could the bent fins... now im wondering about polishing the end tanks back to their original glory... anyone do this? ...i think ill just use finer and finer grain sand paper to bring it to a mirror finish

1 - 10 of 10 Posts