GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys thinking of letting Paul at Pwpro loose on my daytona blue gtr, I'm thinking of have some carbon wrap work done and I know from seeing his work and hearing positive feedback from others that he's the best man for the job. My car is Daytona blue metallic and I'm thinking of having the front stock splitter, side skirts, rear defuser, bonnet vents, boot spoiler and bottoms of the door mirrors all wrapped in the gloss carbon which Paul said looks almost as good as the real thing look wise, I'm also toying with the idea of getting the roof done in the same carbon wrap. What do you guys think and has any one got any pictures of the same colour car with carbon bits on.

Thanks to you all In advance :wavey:

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
I LOVE carbon but HATE the wrap!!!!

I am in the process of collecting carbon bits for my car and will eventually slap them all on together. BUT a wrap???

I have seen Pauls Gloss Carbon Wrap at his place and various other cars. It is by far the BEST Gloss Carbon wrap I have ever seen - But it is still a wrap!!!

To me, and may be a lot of others - it is damn obvious when you look at it that it is a wrapped panel and wrapped Carbon on any car looks sh*te - IMO off course!

When I had my car wrapped - I chose to go for Gloss black details rather than the carbon wrap - until I could source all the carbon bits for good money.

Personally - I think you will be ruining your car, but each to their own.

Good luck.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I agree with G2GUV..

PwPro is THE place to go for your GTR..

But dont go for the gloss carbon, it looks really cheap in my opinion.. You are much better off getting a gloss black wrap for your trimmings.. :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
I LOVE carbon but HATE the wrap!!!!

I am in the process of collecting carbon bits for my car and will eventually slap them all on together. BUT a wrap???

I have seen Pauls Gloss Carbon Wrap at his place and various other cars. It is by far the BEST Gloss Carbon wrap I have ever seen - But it is still a wrap!!!

To me, and may be a lot of others - it is damn obvious when you look at it that it is a wrapped panel and wrapped Carbon on any car looks sh*te - IMO off course!

When I had my car wrapped - I chose to go for Gloss black details rather than the carbon wrap - until I could source all the carbon bits for good money.

Personally - I think you will be ruining your car, but each to their own.

Good luck.
+1.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Have a look at this wrap job done by Paul using the Gloss Carbon Wrap on the roof and spoiler.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/206954-mr-miskins-gtr-wrapped-extras-pw-pro.html

I have seen this car in person on a couple of occasions, and believe me - the car looks amazing! The colour is best witnessed in person and not in pictures. BUT - the carbon extra's on the car let it down in my opinion!!! But then again - what do I know! I drive a Satin Matte Red GT-R and get shredded for it all the time!!! :D

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah agreed his car does look very nice, I agree real carbon fibre does look better but for what I've been quoted for all the work I don't think I could buy a stock carbon front splitter let alone all the other and to be honest after seeing cars that have had thousands spent on them on cosmetic bits when it comes to sell they just ain't getting a fraction of the cost back where as with worst comes to worst I could remove some of the wrap and hopefully I wouldn't have taken too much of a kicking

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Yeah agreed his car does look very nice, I agree real carbon fibre does look better but for what I've been quoted for all the work I don't think I could buy a stock carbon front splitter let alone all the other and to be honest after seeing cars that have had thousands spent on them on cosmetic bits when it comes to sell they just ain't getting a fraction of the cost back where as with worst comes to worst I could remove some of the wrap and hopefully I wouldn't have taken too much of a kicking
Cost wise I had a similar choice to make when I had my car wrapped, whether I get carbon wrap instead of carbon bits as the cost of the wrap is a fraction of what real carbon would cost. But - I decided I didn't want my car to look tacky! If you really like it, then I suppose there is no stopping you. But please don't put anything on your GTR just because it costs a lot less.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I appreciate your feedback and trust me I'm very fussy when it comes to my cars but I've seen a couple of evos and a one gtr that did have the gloss finish carbon wrap done on bits like splitters and spoilers and the the one evo also had the roof, boot and bonnet done by some guy in London and in goto say it looked very impressive and very real, I've just looked on pauls website at the blue evo he done with the carbon bits he did and that looks pretty good I think.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Go for what you can afford.
Not everyone is rich with multiple cars and houses.
At the end of the day, adding carbon bits to your car is all about vanity when talking about road cars. For the cost of the wrap, try it. You might be able to live with it cause very few people will look that close up to know any different.
By all means, buy a genuine carbon splitter then live with knowing you'll never dare park up with the nose close to the kerb cause you'll be too scared of damaging it. Scratch the wrap, have it re-done for less than the postage of a replacement carbon bit ;)

·
Registered
371 Posts
As already confirmed in this thread, if you're getting a wrap Paul is the go-to-guy.

But, don't do the carbon, I went to Paul for orange and carbon but opted for gloss black instead - although his carbon wrap is probably the best around it's still obvious that it isn't carbon IMO, gloss black really highlights the bits you want it to.

If you want carbon bits, buy carbon bits, the wrap will look stunning, mine did - thanks again Paul.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I've had my car wrapped by Paul of course,
My car was Daytona blue as well it's a 2012. I've had the car from new and wanted a change,
Can't really see the difference have your car wrapped another colour and carbon wrapped bit and bobs,
I went for a gold car and all lower parts and carbon roof, (wrap)
Paul made a amazing job and I wouldn't use any one else,
If your arguement is, it isn't real Carbon, a wrap isn't real paint,
I could have got my staff to paint my car any colour of my choice,
I personally don't see the sence of buying things like real carbon that cost a fortune , then the fancy a change and you've paid a fortune for it, second hand it worth next to nothing,
Each to their own, I would rather spend the money I saved with Iain at litchfield
On proper stuff that makes a difference,
Only my opinion ,,
Goldie

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
I don't think the argument is that 'its not real carbon' - as you quiet rightly said that a wrap is NOT real paint. The thing is there is also a Velvet Black wrap available in the market place (as seen on a Ferrari in Knightsbridge) which really has killed the car completely. Point being - there are wraps out there that just do not do cars justice!

Again - this is just an opinion as the OP asked for what everyone thinks.

Bottom Line = wraps are a very personal choice, and a chance to radically customize your car temporarily. It is your one chance to do as you please. Carbon wrap is NOT for me - just as much as Satin Matte Red may not be for you.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I don't think the argument is that 'its not real carbon' - as you quiet rightly said that a wrap is NOT real paint. The thing is there is also a Velvet Black wrap available in the market place (as seen on a Ferrari in Knightsbridge) which really has killed the car completely. Point being - there are wraps out there that just do not do cars justice!

Again - this is just an opinion as the OP asked for what everyone thinks.

Bottom Line = wraps are a very personal choice, and a chance to radically customize your car temporarily. It is your one chance to do as you please. Carbon wrap is NOT for me - just as much as Satin Matte Red may not be for you.:thumbsup:
Satin red is good..Lol

Think Nissan should use some brighter colours, GTRs are generally all to dull
Goldie

·
Registered
356 Posts
we have used the gloss black carbon wrap on a few cars we have done here, to be honest i wouldnt use it on my GTR as although it is glossy, it really doesnt look like genuine carbon, the 3M 1080 carbon looks like carbon, but its not available in gloss.
save up for the real deal its worth it in the end

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think I'm gunna ask Paul to kindly send me a few samples so I can put them against the car and get some visual opinions

1 - 20 of 64 Posts