GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what most folk like to see on the MFD whilst driving and why?
:p

I tend to have the main warning parameters shown such as transmisson temp,etc/

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Engine oil temp & pressure, Tranny oil temp & pressure, and then Total G-force and MPH to scare the passengers :D

·
Registered
968 Posts
engine oil temp
tranny temp
water temp
torque split
engine oil pressure
boost

·
Registered
938 Posts
Temperatures until they're warm enough and then lateral G.
If I'm driving on the motorway sometimes I put a fuel economy graph on.
If, in town, although I rarely drive the GT-R in towns if I can help it I leave it on FM list displaying the available radio channels.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys

I don't seem to see any activity on the torque split screen when I'm driving prob the way I drive.I am in running in period at the moment though.

I remember in a post Guy mentioned that looking at the split trque graph you could determine when to boot the car around a corner.Has anyone else use the information in the same manner?

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
I remember in a post Guy mentioned that looking at the split trque graph you could determine when to boot the car around a corner.Has anyone else use the information in the same manner?
I would imagine most advanced driving instructors would recommend looking at where you're going, rather than the MFD, whilst booting thru a corner......

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL CC

Your right Thats what I do, however I meant could it have any use as Guy mentioned?

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
LOL CC

Your right Thats what I do, however I meant could it have any use as Guy mentioned?
Personally I dont see how, not unless you've eyes like a chameleon!!

The MFD would be much better if you could record then playback the data (like the R34 I believe?)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CC

So do you think having the various parameters on display on the MFD whilst driving are are not that useful because they may distract you?

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
CC

So do you think having the various parameters on display on the MFD whilst driving are are not that useful because they may distract you?
I glance at the MFD once in a blue moon. I used the MFD on the track only to check fluid temps. Just me but knowing how many Gs I did or didnt pull doesnt float my boat. Too busy looking out the windscreen.

Day to day I mainly use the MFD to check my fuel range as it's very easy to make 100miles of range disappear very, very quickly!

Now if the MFD stuff could be projected HUD-stylee onto the windscreen, I'd make more use of it possibly.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now hud in this car would be fantastic.

I miss the hud I had in the M5 it was brilliant.

May be another project for CC, lol

·
Registered
938 Posts
some of the screens have a memory. you can glance at the lateral g after you are on the straight to find out what you did in the corner

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Start off on screen 2 to watch the temps so i don't boot it too early. Then Map and Status.

The torque split is good for showing you the car is pretty much rwd until you accelerate hard or at low speeds, or lose traction (as CC says i'd recommend not looking at it at this moment)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Easy way to train your eyes to avoid the screen.........have it set recording fuel economy!!! Scare any Scotsman to death....

Generally I have it set on my music, although I am running in and driving like a granny.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Temps, boost and fuel range at start up, then onto nav or ipod whilst cruising. back to temps for "making progress". Strangely I miss the OTG from my RS4 (I like to see digital speed in rev counter).

·
Registered
872 Posts
I cant find anything from the choices that I want to dispaly in the large panel on screens 1 or 3.

I was disappointed with the overall G-force display. Would have liked a 360degree view of the forces, perhaps with a comet-like trail..........

·
Registered
290 Posts
I wish we could have the speed on a large panel, just to keep my custodial sentence to a minimal!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts