GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm still new to this forum but my car is arriving at the end of August, I wanted to know what you all thought of the spec of the car and what BHP you would think it would be running with the mods it currently has:

1995 NISSAN GTR Type BCNR33 2,600cc TURBO PURPLE
FACTORY FULL BODY KIT
NISMO FRONT BUMPER
NISMO SPOILER
CARBON BONNET
GREDDY 2 WAY INTERCOOLER
MINE'S INDUCTION KIT
MINE'S VX ROM ECU
17 INCH BBS LM ALLOY's
ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION BY CUSCO
MECHANICAL LSD BY CUSCO
APEX'i N1 ExTi TITANIMU EXHAUST
SPORTS CLUTCH
GREDDY E-01 CONTROLLER WITH MONITOR
TACHOMETER (AUTO METER)
BOOST GAUGE
TURBO TIMER BY GREDDY
MOMO RACING STEERING WHEEL.

I was hoping for around 400 BHP,it has most of what I wanted so I don't think I will be doing much to it when it gets here.

Hopefully you will be able to point me in the right direction in terms of what it will do and also what I will need to do when it gets here.

Thanks

MidNite

·
Following EJH#25
6,850 Posts
MidNite-D said:
GREDDY 2 WAY INTERCOOLER
MINE'S INDUCTION KIT
MINE'S VX ROM ECU
APEX'i N1 ExTi TITANIMU EXHAUST
SPORTS CLUTCH
GREDDY E-01 CONTROLLER WITH MONITOR

I was hoping for around 400 BHP,it has most of what I wanted so I don't think I will be doing much to it when it gets here.

Hopefully you will be able to point me in the right direction in terms of what it will do and also what I will need to do when it gets here.
There is no mention of the boost setting, but it sounds like it's a stage 1 (Exhaust/Filters/ECU etc) tuned car and will probably be running around the 380BHP mark - no mention of cams.

There's always loads you can do, but it's what do you actually want to achieve?

Probably first thing to do is get it mapped for UK fuel and then talk to a tuner.

·
Registered
318 Posts
i would say around the 400bhp mark, maybe a bit more.
id defantly get it re-mapped, you may be suprised, i managed 432bhp with the same sort of mods on 1bar boost. id get some new plugs and obviously change all your oils, fluids ect.
sounds nice mate, good luck:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Matt, I don't know what the boost is set at but I would think that it would be running at more than standard as it has the extra boost gauge and the boost controller. Also from what I have been able to find out the Mines VX ECU allows the car to run at up to 1 bar of boost:) unlike the standard ECU. I am hoping that this is the case as if it does then I would be happy to keep the car as it is. On the downside the Mines ECU cannot be re-mapped in the UK but I have heard that if the timing is retarded 4 degrees then this should be ok with UK fuels.

Any help or info on this subject would be warmly received.

MidNite :cool:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Drive what mods do you have on yours, it would help to be able to compare with yours, getting excited about it arriving, my wifes FTO is just about ready, being repainted and when customes get their finger out and get the right details on the form registered.

MidNite:cool:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I know what you are thinking as I read that thread a couple of days ago. I am importing the car from Japan myself using the same agent that I used to buy my wife's FTO. They are called Advan and have an office in Leicester and offices in Japan. I have several people I know who have also used them and they are legit. I have been dealing with them since January this year but I know of at least 2 people who have brought cars in using them over a year ago.

BTW sexy gtr the car is halfway on its trip from Japan and I will be collecting it from the docks myself and doing all the registration.

·
Registered
318 Posts
MidNite-D said:
Drive what mods do you have on yours, it would help to be able to compare with yours, getting excited about it arriving, my wifes FTO is just about ready, being repainted and when customes get their finger out and get the right details on the form registered.

hi mate,
i had full exhaust system down pipe+de-cat also boost controller,apexi power fc and spark plugs. this gave me 432bhp 321 torque and i was quite a bit quicker than my mates evo fq300 that was 370bhp with the same sort of set up. i think your be very impressed, i know i was, to be honest your be hard pushed to find another car around and about that will give you a good race, although obviously a 400bhp supra etc will probably be pretty close.
your gonna love it man!!!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info Drive, I have a feeling that the guy who was using the car in Japan may have dragged with it a little as it has one of those Tachometers that has a light to indicate when you should change up. It has caused me a little worry also as I didn't want a car that had been ragged around too much. But the agent in this country assures me that it has been well looked after and was kept secure by the car dealer as it was a nice car. Cant wait to get hold of it so I can see what I have to do to make it go like I want it to.

BTW is that your car in the links, I aspire to an R34 GTR but funds do not permit at the moment

·
Registered
318 Posts
MidNite-D said:
Thanks for the info Drive, I have a feeling that the guy who was using the car in Japan may have dragged with it a little as it has one of those Tachometers that has a light to indicate when you should change up. It has caused me a little worry also as I didn't want a car that had been ragged around too much. But the agent in this country assures me that it has been well looked after and was kept secure by the car dealer as it was a nice car. Cant wait to get hold of it so I can see what I have to do to make it go like I want it to.

BTW is that your car in the links, I aspire to an R34 GTR but funds do not permit at the moment

yer thats mine. i recon after you have got used to yours your be wanting to make it faster, its adictive im telling yer!!!!! ive unfortunately just melted a piston im pretty sure, so im going for forged pistons now. car should be an easy 600bhp when i get it back!!!!
i would'nt worry about your car being ragged to much. at the end of the day thats what there ment to. if you own a skyline and you dont give it a bit of stick then you'd be a bit sad would'nt you!!
i know for sure you can run an easy 1bar of boost on standard turbos and i know most people will say you can run 1.2 bar. im sure with an upgraded fuel pump+ injectors you could run 1.2 bar and acheive maybe 450ish.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Drive, I won't say that I'm jealous, but I'm jealous :) . I would love to have an R34 but as its my first Skyline then I am happy with the R33 GTR. About the boost, I have heard that running over .85 boost on standard turbo's is a no-no. I am hoping that the guy who had it in Japan before me upgraded the turbos as well as the other mods. It would make sense as he has done all the stage 1 mods and from there you can only really go to better turbos and engine internals.

What would be the best way to check what is actually in it when I get it apart from taking it to bits.

Also my best mate has an M3 which I have driven and is really quick, he doesn't know about the car so he'll get a shock when I get it, it should outpace him shouldn't it?

·
Registered
318 Posts
MidNite-D said:
Hey Drive, I won't say that I'm jealous, but I'm jealous :) . I would love to have an R34 but as its my first Skyline then I am happy with the R33 GTR. About the boost, I have heard that running over .85 boost on standard turbo's is a no-no. I am hoping that the guy who had it in Japan before me upgraded the turbos as well as the other mods. It would make sense as he has done all the stage 1 mods and from there you can only really go to better turbos and engine internals.

What would be the best way to check what is actually in it when I get it apart from taking it to bits.

Also my best mate has an M3 which I have driven and is really quick, he doesn't know about the car so he'll get a shock when I get it, it should outpace him shouldn't it?
if you give abbey a ring they will tell you that you can run 1.2bar on standard turbos, i used to no someone who did. as for your mate with the m3 id say you'll *** his **** mate!!!!! if i done my mate in his evo fq300 that was stage 1 tuned(when i was 432bhp) then you wont have no worries with an m3!!! fast cars(supra, r5 gt turbo ect) and my skyline tops them all. nothing compairs

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I know it was in the Central Motor co or something like that. I asked them to find one for me and they got in touch with dealers who had the colour that I was looking for then sent me links to the various sites that had them. I then asked for more details on this particular car and we went from there. They have sent me loads of info as I wanted as much as possible before going ahead with any transaction. Once we agreed a price then we started the ball rolling. When I bought the FTO for my wife we did much the same except that it was bought from auction.

Why the negativity sexy gtr, do you think the car is stolen or somthing even worse, I would appreciate your comments.

BTW sexy gtr, I made my first inquiry about this car 16th June and we agreed terms 28th June. Shipping confirmation 3rd July.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Drive, I'll make enquiries about the turbo's. I just dont want to overdo anything at first and just get used to the car, I hope and think you will be right when you say nothing compares but hopefully I'll see for myself soon.

Whereabouts in Portsmouth are you, I sometimes have to go down to Pompey with work and go to the BAE site about one stop out on the train. I think its Livsea or something ****sea.

·
Registered
318 Posts
MidNite-D said:
Drive, I'll make enquiries about the turbo's. I just dont want to overdo anything at first and just get used to the car, I hope and think you will be right when you say nothing compares but hopefully I'll see for myself soon.

Whereabouts in Portsmouth are you, I sometimes have to go down to Pompey with work and go to the BAE site about one stop out on the train. I think its Livsea or something ****sea.

southsea!!!!!!!!!!! pm me next time yer down and ill take you out for a steam!! give it at least 2 weeks tho eh, gotta get car fixed first!!!!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Funny how things work out, just got a call from my boss at work, going to Portsmouth tomorrow, and thats the station, knew it had sea in it. Will probably have to go again in the future so will let you know. Would love to have a blast in an R34 so will be in touch.

·
Registered
318 Posts
MidNite-D said:
Funny how things work out, just got a call from my boss at work, going to Portsmouth tomorrow, and thats the station, knew it had sea in it. Will probably have to go again in the future so will let you know. Would love to have a blast in an R34 so will be in touch.

yer for sure mate no probs. as i say tho its proper broke at the mo so av to be in couple of weeks!!!!!!!!!!:)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.