GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title says.

Infact, what does all the letters mean? In particular the C!

I reckon it stands for "comfort" Hahaha!

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
This is wierd I was wondering the same thing yesterday or the day before but didn't want to get flamed for posting it, so glad you did instead :p Also "GTR"

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
In NIssan speak, the "B" stood for the RB26 engine (incidentally, "H" stands for the RB20 and "E" stands for the RB25 engine).

"C" stands for 4 wheel steering (Super-HICAS)

and "N" signifies 4 wheel drive (ATTESSA ETS).

The "R" is simply the model code - R32, R33, R34, etc.

The only reason the R33 had the "C" while the R32 and R34 didn't is that, during the production of the R33, there were other Nissan models that had ATTESSA 4wd but did NOT have 4ws - hence the need to differentiate with the "C".

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
My guess is Costly ! :D

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
In NIssan speak, the "B" stood for the RB26 engine (incidentally, "H" stands for the RB20 and "E" stands for the RB25 engine).

The only reason the R33 had the "C" while the R32 and R34 didn't is that, during the production of the R33, there were other Nissan models that were 4wd but did NOT have 4ws - hence the need to differentiate with the "C".
Good answer Aki, you beat me to most of it.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts

The only reason the R33 had the "C" while the R32 and R34 didn't is that, during the production of the R33, there were other Nissan models that had ATTESSA 4wd but did NOT have 4ws - hence the need to differentiate with the "C".
Pretty sure that the above is correct. I used to have a GTiR, it's internal model code was RNN14, the chassis code was N14 (i.e. Sunny/Pulsar), the first N was the ATTESA and I assume that the R was to denote the engine. The follow up Pulsar/Almera was the N15 with a Japan market version with 4WD called the NN15.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts