GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the release of the Mclaren 650s due to be unveiled at the Geneva Motorshow this year, with an expected price of £175,000 - £190,000, and the P13 in 2015, with an expected cost Circa £120,000, what effect will this have on the Standard Nismo GTR and Track Pack Nismo GTR orders?

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Very little I expect.

Only very keen (manily die hard) GT-R fans are going to pay £125,000 - £150,000 ?? (track pack) for a NISMO GT-R.

I do like the GT-R, but with that kind of money to spend on a car you'd have to be tempted by something else, that isn't made by people who make the Micra and Note.

Sorry, but that's how I see it.

NISMO GT-R customers will be a hardcore very small group that want it over anything else.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
With the release of the Mclaren 650s due to be unveiled at the Geneva Motorshow this year, with an expected price of £175,000 - £190,000, and the P13 in 2015, with an expected cost Circa £120,000, what effect will this have on the Standard Nismo GTR and Track Pack Nismo GTR orders?

Thats gorgeous!!

Very little I expect.

Only very keen (manily die hard) GT-R fans are going to pay £125,000 - £150,000 ?? (track pack) for a NISMO GT-R.

I do like the GT-R, but with that kind of money to spend on a car you'd have to be tempted by something else, that isn't made by people who make the Micra and Note.

NISMO GT-R customers will be a hardcore very small group that want it over anything else.
agree

·
Registered
8,543 Posts
Very little I expect.

Absolutely...

I'd imagine you'd either have to be a 100% Nissan fanboy OR have a few supercars already in the garage to even consider a Nismo GTR. I mean, WHY would you choose a GTR oven a McLaren or 458 Italia?? You'd have to be insane....in fact, its worthy of a committal order :chuckle:

TT

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Personally I don't think it's gorgeous.

I think the front and rear are mismatched styling wise.
I actually agree with you....front is very P1 and rear is old school 12C.

Saying that I would still have one. P13 sounds very interesting but how are they going to make it slower than the others to keep 12C/650S customers happy and still ahead of 911 Turbo or even M3/M4/M5 etc?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Nice looking, more feminine lines than the agrestive stance of the GTR,
F,,k it buy both, his and hers,
Goldie

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Unless it has back seats for the kids and a boot to go shopping in it wont be an option for me.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
458. Now that's a car that I would buy,
But it is twice the price of a GTR but residual is almost nil,
Fantastic car and beautiful ,
In yellow please,
Goldie

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I think it looks like a cut and shut between and MP4 and a P1.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Really like the new front end on the 650S. Very P1 :smokin:

Can't see it dragging away too many sales from the nismo though. Different beasts, different customers.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Very little I expect.

****, brother - I agree with you !!!:D

As I have said a few (million) times here, if I had the money to buy a P1, Lamborghini, Ferrari, type of stupid price car – I wouldn’t - hence my stance on the Nismo GTR or any other "special" version of what happens to be a very good, if not, great car for half or more of the price

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Agree with Richard too.

The Mclaren pics look epic to me, but would have to see it in the flesh first to say whether it's truly gorgeous or not :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts