GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the release of the Mclaren 650s due to be unveiled at the Geneva Motorshow this year, with an expected price of £175,000 - £190,000, and the P13 in 2015, with an expected cost Circa £120,000, what effect will this have on the Standard Nismo GTR and Track Pack Nismo GTR orders?

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Very little I expect.

Only very keen (manily die hard) GT-R fans are going to pay £125,000 - £150,000 ?? (track pack) for a NISMO GT-R.

I do like the GT-R, but with that kind of money to spend on a car you'd have to be tempted by something else, that isn't made by people who make the Micra and Note.

Sorry, but that's how I see it.

NISMO GT-R customers will be a hardcore very small group that want it over anything else.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
With the release of the Mclaren 650s due to be unveiled at the Geneva Motorshow this year, with an expected price of £175,000 - £190,000, and the P13 in 2015, with an expected cost Circa £120,000, what effect will this have on the Standard Nismo GTR and Track Pack Nismo GTR orders?

Thats gorgeous!!

Very little I expect.

Only very keen (manily die hard) GT-R fans are going to pay £125,000 - £150,000 ?? (track pack) for a NISMO GT-R.

I do like the GT-R, but with that kind of money to spend on a car you'd have to be tempted by something else, that isn't made by people who make the Micra and Note.

NISMO GT-R customers will be a hardcore very small group that want it over anything else.
agree

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Very little I expect.

Absolutely...

I'd imagine you'd either have to be a 100% Nissan fanboy OR have a few supercars already in the garage to even consider a Nismo GTR. I mean, WHY would you choose a GTR oven a McLaren or 458 Italia?? You'd have to be insane....in fact, its worthy of a committal order :chuckle:

TT

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Personally I don't think it's gorgeous.

I think the front and rear are mismatched styling wise.
I actually agree with you....front is very P1 and rear is old school 12C.

Saying that I would still have one. P13 sounds very interesting but how are they going to make it slower than the others to keep 12C/650S customers happy and still ahead of 911 Turbo or even M3/M4/M5 etc?

·
Premium Member
2,531 Posts
Unless it has back seats for the kids and a boot to go shopping in it wont be an option for me.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
458. Now that's a car that I would buy,
But it is twice the price of a GTR but residual is almost nil,
Fantastic car and beautiful ,
In yellow please,
Goldie

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I think it looks like a cut and shut between and MP4 and a P1.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Really like the new front end on the 650S. Very P1 :smokin:

Can't see it dragging away too many sales from the nismo though. Different beasts, different customers.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Very little I expect.

****, brother - I agree with you !!!:D

As I have said a few (million) times here, if I had the money to buy a P1, Lamborghini, Ferrari, type of stupid price car – I wouldn’t - hence my stance on the Nismo GTR or any other "special" version of what happens to be a very good, if not, great car for half or more of the price

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.