GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i'm wanting 400hp or so with std tubbys & injectors, 500hp next summer with larger tubbys & 660 injectors

will i get the 400hp with the below spec?

Car has

Apexi induction kit
Bigger FMIC
Downpipes
De-Cat pipe
Cat Back exhaust
Big Alloy Rad
Silicone Coolant Hoses
Front Strut Brace
Rear Strut brace
Bigger battery
Turbo Timer
Boost Gauge
Sparco Steering Wheel
BBS wheels 9.5
N1 Body kit (good 25bhp there )

So far I have these to add when it lands in the UK

HKS Coilovers
HKS SSQV's X2
Greddy Profec B Boost Controller (will be running 1.2 bar as its just a weekend car)
Oil Catch Can
Fuel Pressure Regulator
Braided Fuel lines
HID's (had a R32 before and discovered they use candles rather than bulbs)

Wanting to buy

Oil filter relocation
Oil Cooler
Some kind of fuel controller or mines type stage 1 ECU

plan to upgrade the tubbys and some bigger injectors over the summer

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,032 Posts
Mark,

this has been covered many, many times.

The info IS there if you search.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi mate,

Looks like a good list to work on dont think there will be much else you would or could do to reach that target without changing things like tubbies, injectors or spending a fortune on the engine lol.

So when does your new toy arrive have you got any piccies of it yet cos you know everyone here loves piccies lol

cheers Dave:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi mate,

Looks like a good list to work on dont think there will be much else you would or could do to reach that target without changing things like tubbies, injectors or spending a fortune on the engine lol.

So when does your new toy arrive have you got any piccies of it yet cos you know everyone here loves piccies lol

cheers Dave:thumbsup:

cheers dave

yep some of it in Japan, bit dirty but hey. should be here January

·
Registered
794 Posts
ahhh black,just like mine...best colour :thumbsup:

std tubbies are ceramic no? 1.2 bar ? i wont dare probly - ceramic bits might go into engine

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1.2bar with standard turbos!? exhaust wheels fly off, even on the weekends! lol
lol, bit of a debate going on with a poll at the minute TFS ran his at 1.4 with no problems. TBH i think its luck of the draw with these turbos my r33 ran at 1 bar no problem and my 34 1.2 bar high boost with no issues

will be running 1 bar low boost 1.2 high probs will only see 1.2 every now an then

·
Registered
140 Posts
The good news is if everything is working right and the car is tuned right you shouldnt need to run 1.2 bar to get the power. Before its engine swap mine was running stock other than de-cat, air filters, intercooler, boost controller and a PFC and made 386 WHP @1bar. Didnt want to run anymore boost because of the scare stories. Dont know how true they are but personaly didnt think it was worth the risk.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The good news is if everything is working right and the car is tuned right you shouldnt need to run 1.2 bar to get the power. Before its engine swap mine was running stock other than de-cat, air filters, intercooler, boost controller and a PFC and made 386 WHP @1bar. Didnt want to run anymore boost because of the scare stories. Dont know how true they are but personaly didnt think it was worth the risk.
cheers

will see how it fairs when it gets mapped

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
You have to remember this is an old car so 1 bar is the most id go. Mine went bang and i spend 6k on a rebuild. So if you have money to burn yeah 1.2 bar is fine or 1.4 but when they pop most ppl will tell you i told you so.

On a plus side i was running 429.9 running 1.1 bar on standards. my spec was -
Standard fuel pump
Standard cams
Re-mapped standard ECU
Standard injectors
Hks filters and elbows
Hks turbo hard pipe kit
Hks racing turbo elbows
Hks down pipes
Hks exhaust
ACL race bearings
Forged pistons
Fully lightened and race balanced bottom end
ATS twin plate carbon clutch with light flywheel
uprated front discs and hubs with competition pads
Cusco complete racing suspension (And i mean everything)
ARC uprated intercooler
57mm racing alloy rad
Blitz boost controller
blitz turbo timer
Field ETS torque split controller

This is what was on mine. Before the rebuild it was running the same power on standard internals. But is destroyed a standard clutch and an exedy uprated one also. Really done't rate the single exedys.

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
798 Posts
i had mine running 436fly at .9bar with stock engine,turbos and fueling(just all breathing mods and power fc done)..then one night the exhaust wheel off the first turbo flew off..yes .9bar!

i wouldnt recommend going over .7bar with stock turbos..there made of feathers!1.2bar is asking for trouble..

Nice car by the way.Best of luck with it:)

·
Registered
180 Posts
My R33 is only getting 306 WHP @ 1.0b with the original turbos and the same sort of mods. Where do you think the extra 80 comes from?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts