GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently running litchfield stage 1.. few weeks im going litchfield stage 4.25 etc..

Im debating what exhaust to use etc as i have a good friend that is currently fabricating his own systems..

So i dont know what spec to go for?? Do i do a full 4" system?? And twin back boxes etc...

Or a 90mm system?? Want it to be right and want a good sound but dont want it to drone..

Can anyone advise what spec i need to build regards diameter etc and downpipe sizes...

Once perfected they can be produced to order as my car will be used as a demo etc

Could even consider a valved system perhaps

Any advice appreciated :)

·
Premium Member
3,327 Posts
Just buy a Russ Fellows system, very little point in your mate producing another exhaust system as the market is already saturated with different suppliers.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cant really refuse when its offered me at cost.. why pay russ fellows £1500+ when it might only cost £1000 for same system maybe less :)

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Currently running litchfield stage 1.. few weeks im going litchfield stage 4.25 etc..

Im debating what exhaust to use etc as i have a good friend that is currently fabricating his own systems..

So i dont know what spec to go for?? Do i do a full 4" system?? And twin back boxes etc...

Or a 90mm system?? Want it to be right and want a good sound but dont want it to drone..

Can anyone advise what spec i need to build regards diameter etc and downpipe sizes...

Once perfected they can be produced to order as my car will be used as a demo etc

Could even consider a valved system perhaps

Any advice appreciated :)
Sorry I can't advise, but have often wondered if a 102mm system is a bit overkill for stage 1 -4, normal remaps.

My own experience is that I need stock downpipes, probably too loud with decat downpipes.

I like the secondary cat removed and replaced with a non-res Y pipe.

I like 2 small silencers in the rear section, as again a straight through rear section is too loud and barky for me.

I like titanium for the screamy higher pitch sound on power.

I'm not bothered with valves, if I want quiet I choose low rpm and keep foot off the gas.

I like to see competition, if your mate can build quality titanium systems at 500 a pop less than GTC Titan systems, I think he'd gain some customers.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well its a learnin curve so just lookin for ideas and to help him promote into the gtr scene etc..

Just want the right sound out of mine without the overkill etc

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
you get wot you pay for !!! bye cheap buy twice :)
Had that discussion on previous threads - I have had it on for 2 years 7k miles its not rotted away still shiny mine fits perfectly others had issues with the tips being lower on one side- all I can say is for the money they are a bargain and imo sound good

·
Registered
113 Posts
you get wot you pay for !!! bye cheap buy twice :)
True in my case. I started off with a stainless 3" resonated Y pipe, then 3" catback, and finally downpipes. The sound improved with each step but so did the drone which was too much once the DPs were added. I switched to a 4" titanium system (GTC Titan) with a non-resonated Y pipe which sounds awesome and without drone. So I'd recommend going for a 4" set up to remedy the drone issue. Titanium over stainless is another argument; both sound great with my slight preference going to titanium. All relative though :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts