GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Need some advise, I'v got a adjustable fuel pressure regulator for my R33 GTSt, its running a FMIC, boost controller, uprated fuel pump and free flowing exhaust but standard injectors and turbo. What pressure should I set the regulator at or should I not use it at all? Is it going to make a difference, even just making it safer to run higher boost?

Thanks for any help. Charlie

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
As autosaurus intimated, clamp or remove vac line, set to 3 bar (~45 psi) as this is what injectors flow rates are measured at. You can artificially make a car richer by raising the fuel pressure and causing the injectors to flow more per pulse. Not really recommended long-term and without a gas analyser to see what the mixture's doing. I've read somewhere that the stock Nissan fuel system is only good for about 4 bar (zero vacuum) anyway, remembering that the fuel pressure will raise 0.1 bar for every 0.1 bar of boost.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sorry to bring back an old thread but I have to know in the idle mine have 45psi when i remove the vacuum goes to about 53-54. I want to install an tomei one did i just have to set it like this or like the factory one??? Its for an rb26 i got mapped ecu dont know if that make change.
thank you
Nick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts