GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite simply...

The MY10 was fun, but too harsh for regular use.
The MY11 is noticably better, the ideal balance between usability and reminding you it's something special.
The MY14 is a bit too soft and nice for daily driving.

I think I should have kept the yellow MY11, I miss it. :(

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Make Matt an offer - I'm sure he'll consider it! :chuckle:

The perfect balance of daily driving might go out of the window though :runaway:

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Make Matt an offer - I'm sure he'll consider it! :chuckle:

The perfect balance of daily driving might go out of the window though :runaway:
Impressive though it now is, and Matt has done a great job of building a great looking/performing machine, going fast in a straight line with an automatic box just isn't my kind of thing personally.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Quite simply...

The MY11 is noticably better, the ideal balance between usability and reminding you it's something special.

- did you get it right the 4th time?

:chuckle:

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Interesting, I'm 99% to trading my 10 in for a new 14, maybe I should drive there demo before I commit.

The seats are much nicer to sit in, in the 14. I felt like they fitted me and were more supple, plus the headlights are the biz.

Any other 14my owners that have come from earler cars care to comment?

Jase.

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Not sure I totally agree. 46000 miles in my MY10 and was absolutely brilliant at all times (Ikea, long trips, commuting etc) always made me feel special.

The MY14 was very refined (relatively) but correct in that it was a bit too smoothed off.

I miss mine already....though I may now have gone backwards in the smoothness stakes.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Quite simply...

I did say you would miss it.... Get another

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
MY09 was awesome but the improvements to the MY11 are night and day so glad I went for the MY11!! Wish I could justify a stock MY14 for daily driving

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MY09 was awesome but the improvements to the MY11 are night and day so glad I went for the MY11!! Wish I could justify a stock MY14 for daily driving
It gets boring after a while, too soft and composed.
ST more fun on the public highway and within the speed limit.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Quite simply...

Interesting my my11 is for sale and thinking of getting a my14, maybe I should change my mind and keep it, wouldn't mind getting those lightening bolt headlamps and rear halos fitted to my my11

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
True MY14 is alot more refined, but it's to a point where it's lost some of it's savageness which is one of the biggest factors I love about the car.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hopefully the model year 11s and 12s will become the most sort after in years to come as I intend to keep mine for quite a while now

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Interesting my my11 is for sale and thinking of getting a my14, maybe I should change my mind and keep it, wouldn't mind getting those lightening bolt headlamps and rear halos fitted to my my11
That would be a shed load cheaper!

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Mine may be up for sale soon Richard - could get it re-wrapped in yellow:chuckle:
The Ad would read

One MATURE owner. (old):eek:

Never Raced or Rallied !!! :bowdown1:

Lots of dosh cos I wanna buy a N*s*o :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Rich, that's why I still have mine - both of them as I don't think I could live without a GTR in my life 33 or 35

1 - 20 of 26 Posts