GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a question that has been playing on my mind.

How many if any of you are members of the AA or RAC etc. I have been mulling this over only to think that if I did, God forbid break down would I realy want them coming out and having a fiddle plus I know the car cant be towed unless on rollers or the back of a wagon. To the point, is it a good idea to join or what?????

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
wholly advised

chap and never accept anything else apart from the flat bed.
It is perma 4wd as far as you & them are concerned so NO towing. Just give them a quote for the diff repair and that should back them off.
I had probs with a previos car, a 4wd rally car and the RAC were a god send.

NLW

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't know what services in particular you get but one trip on the back of a truck is likely to pay for your subs. Flat battery service? I've-locked-myself-out-of-my-car service? I'm far from home and don't know who to call for help?

ie. I think it's probably worth it, cheap insurance policy IMO.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers mate

I think Ill give the AA a ring, tell them I cant make the meeting and join the RAC.

Did you only use them them to tow to a garge of your choice or have them have a look at it. Just thinking that if I join but only want them to tow the car then maybe I get it a bit cheaper, what do think?

Chris

·
Registered
17 Posts
From my side our AA guys are quite modest and when they see an exotic they're more likely to just tow than try and fiddle - especially if you tell/ask them just to tow (with a flatbed obviously).

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ill go with the AA just dont want to get my membership cards mixed up...... just imagine stuck in the middle of nowhere and ringing the wrong one eh!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts