GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you should have more at the crank. im getting 360 at the wheels, so what are the drivetrain losses on a skyline r33 gtr v-spec?
what does 360 at the wheel equate to at the crank?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I've always worked on losses of 30% for an auto box and 25% for a manual. That's RWD only so would expect a bit more for AWD. Somewhere around 460 at the fly?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
The car i came over and mapped or the new one?

Rob

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the new one mate,

think i was seeing things on the first run.
its peaking at 1.12 kg/cm2, just shy of 1.1 bar. lookily it has the greddy intercooler and oil cooler, so i think it will be fine. running 98 and octane booster.

the one you mapped is getting back on the road tomorrow, have not given it a run yet, will let you know how it gets on.

ta

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ide love to post a pic of the underbody of the new one, its very impressive, does anyone know how?

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
upload photos to photo bucket. (account needed) and then post new thread on here. copy and paste the url on photo bucket and click on the picture icon on the bit that you write the new message on here. Paste the photo and sorted.

Or i will do it for you. I will p.m you my email now.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
There is no set answer as there are too many variables but as a guide roller dyno in 4wd most agree usually takes about 20-25%.

So if you have 1000whp your bhp is between 1250-1333bhp

Rob

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Is it as much as 20-25% when measured in 4wd??? :eek:

My car made 584hp 680nm at the hubs on a Rototest 4wd.

That would make 700-730hp / 816-850nm?
Holy mother... only at 1.8bar on a Garrett GT4088R turbo.

This cant be right?

Asim

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
At the hubs and atw are 2 very different things, you'll always get higher hub readings than whp on rollers.

Either way, 700-730hp at 1.8 bar with a GT4088 should be pretty easy with a good motor.

Rob

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
At the hubs and atw are 2 very different things, you'll always get higher hub readings than whp on rollers.

Either way, 700-730hp at 1.8 bar with a GT4088 should be pretty easy with a good motor.

Rob
Hmm... thats probably why the 3rd gear on my car broke just a few weeks after the new cams / map... :banned:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts