GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
To me, it means when the car hasn't been driven and is not up to temperature, so the temperature of the tyres is ~ambient.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
17-18 degrees celcius, I recall that 1 degree makes 0.1 PSI difference so reduce pressures by 1 PSI on a 7 degree day and increase by 1 PSI should you ever get a 27 degree day.
Also don't check tyres if they have been sitting in direct sunlight.

PS, it's 32 degrees here as the sun goes down over the ocean (Thailand for the last 3 months, back home next week)

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
But ambient can be a large range of temperature?
Yes but in general common sense terms he's right. It's not that important whether you check pressures cold at 5 degrees or 20 degrees.

There are people hammering up and down our motorways that never check their tyre pressures at all, some running 20 psi or less! 1 psi low or high in the GT-R won't be the end of the world :)

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
PS, it's 32 degrees here as the sun goes down over the ocean (Thailand for the last 3 months, back home next week)
Nice, I think I need to get away, there's no point living in this shite weather every day when better is available!

Just wondered, do you drive over there, and if so what are the roads like?

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Nice, I think I need to get away, there's no point living in this shite weather every day when better is available!

Just wondered, do you drive over there, and if so what are the roads like?
Hi Trev, no I don't drive over here, the roads aren't great (but better than India), the main issue is the lack of rules.
Was on the freeway a few weeks ago at night and the highways agency had the middle lane up with just a few bollards to warn people - these were scattered all over the Mway with a car in the repair section. There was no lighting / contraflow / signage that one would expect in the UK.

Scooters in the towns are a joy - everyone has to try them!

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts