GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi lucky guys, I am a fan of this masterpiece made by Nissan.
Me and a friend of mine would like to know if the skyline engine is a reliable engine or if it brakes down or needs to have additional maintenance if it has a lot of power.

I tell him that it is very reliable if a lot of them are upgraded to 4-500 cv, but he states that in that case it isn't going to work longer dued to the turbo incresed pressure and in general for the increased work of a lot of engine parts.:confused:

In conclusion we would like to know (by a lot of you, please) the BHP of your skyline, the total kilometers that are on your car and if it had any problems.

we thank you by now if you answer.
Bye

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
An increase in standard horsepower will generally mean more maintenance bills and less reliability, especially when you get higher up the power band.
Remember its only a 2.6ltr engine.
I know that Fuggles car with just sports exhaust and around 360bhp did
100.000 miles (160.000km) before he had it rebuilt.
I was talking to my tuner last year as he was rebuilding a 600hp plus engine and asked how long will it last, around 12.000 miles he replied:eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
oh my god, and all of those who have at least 600 bhp, can really go to his tuner almost every 2 years?
Do you know if the rebuilding operation takes up nearly 10000€, please?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
With proper build and maintenance 600bhp will do 60,000miles.

We used to look after an OS Giken RB30 R33 that had 750bhp and at it's last service had 90,000miles on it. Since then it has gone to scandinavia and was still going strong last i heard.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
My car has approx 380hp and has done 50,000 miles, no issues from it at all.

Im not sure on the Euro conversion rate but I would have thought its pretty easy to spend 10,000 Euro on a rebuild. For a basic refresh Id guess anywhere from £2000-£4000, then the price goes up from there.

·
Premium Member
5,782 Posts
hodgie said:
I was talking to my tuner last year as he was rebuilding a 600hp plus engine and asked how long will it last, around 12.000 miles he replied
Who is your tuner out of interest?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I have 1994 R32GTR
When I bought it I was told it was 400bhp and its driven now 80,000km´s
and it was used as a track car in japan and barely used when it came to uk until I bought it...I use it as my daily driver until I can buy another one which is cheaper to drive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts