GTR Forum banner

How old are you?

• Total voters
81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm 29 at the moment and have stretched myself to get one, when really I should've probably used the money to move to a bigger house!

Its a personal prioritisation choice I guess... Being sensible vs "You only live once"

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I'm 32 and this is my first R35.
Had a few nice cars in the past at a younger age, but ultimately lost money on them so decided to be more sensible with future car purchases.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Currently 33, 32 when I bought mine.

Would love to know what some of the "younger" members are paying, insurance wise :runaway:

I have a mortgage and didnt even hesitate after I drove it.... :chairshot

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Currently 33, 32 when I bought mine.

Would love to know what some of the "younger" members are paying, insurance wise :runaway:

I have a mortgage and didnt even hesitate after I drove it.... :chairshot
I'm 26, bought mine at 25 and I only pay £1000 for insurance with 3 years NCB.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
I'm 26, bought mine at 25 and I only pay £1000 for insurance with 3 years NCB.
How?

I pay more than that, with 6 years NCB... I must be in one S****Y postcode!!

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
I think it's got to do with postcode,where it's parked and how many miles you do.
Definitely.... Im in a small villiage, but my postcode puts me in a big town (not a very nice one either).

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
I'm in Milton Keynes and in one of the better areas which helps.
I will moving next year, so hopefully that will help :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'm 29 at the moment and have stretched myself to get one, when really I should've probably used the money to move to a bigger house!

Its a personal prioritisation choice I guess... Being sensible vs "You only live once"
Exactly my thinking when I got mine. I thought I was young getting one at 29 but it seems to be the norm on this forum!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Just turned 25, have a small mortgage and raised with nothing in the slums of Wolverhampton. I worked out it's a lot cheaper to buy a second car and use that as a daily driver... however that just wouldn't be any fun would it! Shame I've not had my car since 22nd November.. gearbox replacement!

Will never forget my first car, a N reg fiat punto that my dad won in a bet at the pub from a guy called Paddy.. you can't make this stuff up! I'm sure it was as quick as the GT-R, or atleast I thought it was the way I drove it!

·
Registered
328 Posts
30 with 2 kids and a Gtr(also have a 535d for family car). In hindsight I should have got the gtr prioR to kids as would have driven it more but still love it when I get the chance.

81 - 100 of 116 Posts