GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alond side the intercooler pipe leaving the turbos there is a black pipe that connects the inlet side of the turbos togethers and then travels behind the intercooler

What is it?

Do i need it?

Mine is blocked off at the end on the drivers side.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Recirc dump valve pipework

R.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks rob, so it can all be dumped then and blocked of at the turbos then.

Started fitting all the crap today so will be seeing you soon!

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
so it can all be dumped then and blocked of at the turbos then.
Not unless you have a computer that uses MAP sensors instead of MAF (Air flow meters)

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not unless you have a computer that uses MAP sensors instead of MAF (Air flow meters)
I do yes but whats the reason why?

At the moment its blocked off on the drivers side, whats the reason why i cant remove all the piping back to where it joins the turbos? Is there a reason why it links the two turbos together? It is after the mafs but before the uncompressed air enters the turbos.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
yea but the stock ecu accounts for the air being dumped back into the system, this causes overfuelling and generaly plays havock with the running
but as you have a map sensor the reading is taken from the intake side after the throttle body, so it dont matter what happens before then
what ecu have you got? a power f.c d-jetro or a hks f/con?
im going with the haltech sport 2000 with my gt4094r single build

nice 34btw, i wanted one but couldent afford it at the time, then found a nice mp33

hope its helpd mate;)

alex

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have a HKS F-CON PRO. But its running on the standard one at the moment. I say standard but the car is a Omori S1 and the ecu has "S1 nismo engine only" written accross it. It wont be seeing the road again tho with the nismo ecu apart from the drive to TR Racing for mapping.

Like i say the pipe is already blocked off at the end and was thinking of dumping all the rest of the pipe work. I cant see it being a problem as its already blocked off. But im trying to work out if removing the piping closer to the turbos will cause a problem?

I guess the nismo ecu is mapped to over come any problems as it is?

It does however like to pop and bang quite a bit on gear change.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Yup, What Alex said.

I had the std ecu when I got the car and it had BOVs that didn't plumb back.....The car would stall on down shifts and small throttle changes.....it ran like a dog.

But with your F-CON you can ditch the plumb back with no issues.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
yip thats due to the overfueling as its expecting the air to be dumped back in the motor

the only thing is you will need to get 2 bungs to block off at the air filters, or get new hoses to the filters, tweenie will see you rite though, he knows his skylines, crist he is responsiable for the quickest cars on this forum ;)

alex

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so the answer is i can remove the rest of the piping as it is running o.k ish now so it shouldn't change any more. And as its going off to be mapped it will be fine anyway?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
just make sure you block off the pipes they run to, tbh its not going to make a jot of differance, just leave it there till the next time the bumper is off and get it then, it dont weigh much atall

alex

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just make sure you block off the pipes they run to, tbh its not going to make a jot of differance, just leave it there till the next time the bumper is off and get it then, it dont weigh much atall

alex

Like now then LOL!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
ahhh!!!!
that i was not expecting!!lol
dont i feel like a twat then!!
yes mate NOW would prob be the best time to do this!!lol ;)

alex

whats all that stripped out for?
what you doing?

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
new apexi turbos, injectors etc and im stripping all parts to have chromed.

Also stripping all paint from underside etc and repainting before any rust sets in. Cars clean at the moment but we all no there is no underseal etc on skylines so going to sort out before, rather than later.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts