GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I am thinking about getting a GTR R35. I know it is a great car but still have doubts about it. Is there any down side I should concern about?

Thx

·
Registered
358 Posts
Porsche lovers slagging it off just because of the badge… that’s about it. Seriously, I have found it a joy to own. Servicing isn’t cheap but you have to compare it to the cost of servicing any high performance GT car. So if you are coming from a lesser car it might seem expensive but if you are used to high performance cars it’s no bad at all.
For me it’s a huge amount of fun for an incredible price, you can use it every day or keep it as a spare time toy.

What are your doubts? Most seem to be internet paranoia.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Parking it.....a) finding a space big enough b) looking out of the window every minute to check it's alright :D

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Parking it.....a) finding a space big enough b) looking out of the window every minute to check it's alright :D
This is my biggest concern, leaving it any where for any period of time, but thats more down to the society we live in and not the car.

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Only downside for me is that from the moment I ordered my GTR, I've spent thousands on all manner of bits and bobs for it.

Add to that the fact I'm now addicted to track days.......

Where and when will my obsession end??

And no, before you ask, I've never been in love with any car like this before.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
Downside ??? A GTR ??? Are you serious??

You will have a car to be proud of and you will also know that you can kick anything else ass and at a quarter of the price of most of these so called "Badge" super cars!!

Running the GTR, servicing the GTR, loving the GTR is all "cheaper" than its rivals. Also, remember that you will have a true SUPER car here so, yes, in some ways to the "ordinary" man it may be a little expensive to fuel and run, but no where near as bad as some of its so called rivals!!! You try having a 6000 mile service on a Ferrari, Lambo R8 of Porker !!

Buy it, enjoy it take it to a track and trash all the other so called “super cars” and I bet you, you will have a smile on your face bigger that the Cheshire Cat !!!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
The paint on my black one.

Worrying about where i park it (indictment on society - already has someone stick chewing gum on the car!), and kerbing the alloys (but that says more about me than anything specific about the car. I kerbed my beemer about 2 days after getting it)

But those are so minor in relation to the pleasure the car will give you're behind the wheel.

Oh and like CC - i've spent quite a bit on the car since i got it........and it looks set to continue!!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Nissan should of built me a Nice Garage to park my currently very Dirty Snow laden frozen GTR in :D very poor customer service indeed :D:D:D lol

Oh and Face hurts due to too much grinning :thumbsup:

·
Registered
690 Posts
The car should come with 6 weeks guaranteed blue skies as standard! :D Ive had her since Tuesday and I'm not enjoying this powder! Bring me sunshine.......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Seems like parking is a problem for lots of ppl. Have any of you install after-market parking sensor both front and rear? How about maintain the GTR at dealership? I heard is very expensive. And what do you think of the build quality??

1 - 20 of 47 Posts