GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come over all deankenny with excitement.

My car now firmly up for sale and sad to see her go (shameless plug to for sale section). Make me a sensible offer as going to Pistonheads tomorrow.

So....deal sorted and deposit paid for the next chapter in the. GT-R journey. I looked at lots of other options and decided to go a bit more niche in GT-R world.

Keep it here for updates and guesses on a post card.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
It's Lisa's Bike LOL

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
haha, very rare and exclusive indeed congrats! Would be interested to see what Litchfields think when it goes there :p

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
No offence roger but I think that's a really dumb move!

You care more for exclusivity than performance?

I don't mind exclusivity over performance when it makes financial sense ie. they hold their money and get snapped up like hot cakes with a very clear and well defined price premium over the common version but the spec v doesn't have that.

At least the nismo has a degree of both. The spec v is the most overrated over priced "special edition" I can think of.

Don't do it! If you want an investment move to a bigger place.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Wondering how low the spec V can go on price in the next few years?
It's been up for sale for months now but could be a bargain as I doubt it will lose as much as some of the heavily modified cars

I sat in this car and had a long chat with the previous owner at Silverstone and it does feel special.
Nismo does not get carbon brakes and 50 kg mass reduction I think.

·
Following EJH#25
6,841 Posts
The Spec-V is a great example of something is only worth what someone is willing to pay.
It's sat at Middlehurst, no doubt losing money month after month, with little to no interest.
I'm with Adam etc, I think it's a car that will struggle to shift in the future, I don't see it as a collectors piece either at 18k on the clocks sorry.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
For a car that was on sale for 124k and then sold for maybe sub 60k its lost a large chunk of depreciation. I suspect he would loose more money if he bought a Nismo that's if he's got that massive amount to spend in the first place, I know I don't!

Spec V comes with carbon breaks - no idea if they need replacing after 18K, carbon seats, a nice Nismo exhaust and slightly larger turbos. A trip to Litchfield would see a stage 4.5 or stage 5 car for little cost.

No back seats tho - No kids planned yet then Roger?

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
PS what's the boost button about, a switchable map no doubt but does it give more power?

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
The previous owner had the back seats put back in!
Titanium exhaust is also exclusive - part of the £50k option pack on the Nismo...

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As in THE Spec V ?

There is only one in the UK isn't there?
It'll be rarer than a Nismo! :chuckle:
Yes THE Spec V. Appreciate everyone's comments but it was up for a chunk of money but now it is down to what I think is a very decent deal.

It is perfect and is a very, very special car. Planning to keep it a while too and keep it stock obviously.

Adam - understand your thoughts but actually the car is, let's face it, more than quick enough on the road for anyone half sane. I have done the tuning thing and it is fun but the drop (Andy M thinks it runs around 570 ish BHP) is negligible and with weight drop is much much better to drive than a stock (with massive unsprung weight decrease and fixed Bilstein). There are tons of extra bits that make it special too.

Frankly, commercially I could spend £15k more on going stage five (no benefit really to my life whatsoever), risk lose £40k plus on a Nismo (which actually I think is less 'special' but that is just my opinion or lose a chunk on a new car. Not wishing to justify myself but people frankly I think it is actually a bargain for what it is as has dropped to only £20k over a stock car and the Carbon Ceramic Brakes and Seats alone are worth that.

All in all am bloody excited.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have option on seats - having them taken back out but keeping them. The brakes are 5% worn at most after £18k and will do 100k plus to four sets of pads apparently. Also I don't drive like Miskin ;-).

It has Carbon Seats as the Nismo but in Leather. The boost button apparently does way more than the 'official' figures. The Carbo Ceramics are apparently (according to all but one review) immense and will pull 1.12 lateral g as opposed to .9 in stock car and suspension is similar to Nismo. The exhaust was stock (£11k I was told but that is obviously Nissan pricing), Carbon brake ducts and the bigger GT3 style Turbos....but apparently no more power. Apparently a bit of a myth but we shall see. Also 60KG lighter than the stock car.

Other bits are different display and those Nismo wheels in a finish only for the Spec V.

Lots of other 'special' bits to look forward to as well.

All in all at the money it is only £20k more than a stock MY10 with less miles. Frankly how much lower can it go as lost 50% of value. Ok it will lose still BUT relative to the other options which will almost certainly lose more (is it going to hit £40k and lose £20k as quickly as a Nismo or MY14?).

Also people are missing the point that I really want it and a piece of history. It probably won't go up but then it is never going to plummet. In terms on an investment I am not going into it thinking like that but be amazing to own something unique in UK with the power and handling and exclusivity and the whole package.

If you don't agree that is your right - I wouldn't spend the money tuning and then sell the car Adam but I respect the fact you can, you want to and it doesn't mean you can't eat etc.

Am still excited!

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I think it's a great buy. Considering its the only car like it in the UK.

Agree with the reasoning.

Look forward to a write up. Enjoy when you get it.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Sounds fantastic mate... be cool on the Spain tour next year.
You only live once so go for it.

Goldie

1 - 20 of 121 Posts