GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what the pot is by the rad on the R33 GTR, it is to the right hand side of the rad and has 3 pipes going into it which i beleive are fuel lines. One of the pipes goes low down the car and the other two (one small and one large) go to hard lines below the twin turbo pipe.
Just wondering what this is and what it does?

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Sounds like a carbon canister, Its there to filter the fumes from the tank and they are then drawn into the inlet and burnt...

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of the sides of the tank has fuel tank wrote on it and the other has purge wrote on it so this would make sense.
Cheers Mark

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My question is this though, the hoses on mine looked as though they could have done with replaceing so i replaced them with some coloured vacuum hose as i beleived it would not be under no major fuel pressure but will this be ok or do i need to get special fuel hose for them?

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
They are under no real pressure, TBH I think most people do away with them, If anything they will be under a partial vacuum.

Its not really critical to the running of the car. But if its on there its best to keep it in good shape.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the vacuum hose will not be corroded by the fuel vapour?

Like you said i suppose the pipe from the tank could have just been vented into the air and the inlet holes blocked.

Thanks for the advice Mark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts