GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a good aftermarket fluid which is as smooth as OEM? I've tried WR35TM which would be best for racing in hot climates. Now Pentosin FFL-R is a bit better but is there something less racing orientated for a good price or is OEM best? My trans oil temperatures usually peak in the mid 90s even in mid summer when it is lovely and smooth even from cold when the temperatures are 15+C. I never track the car.

The gearbox flash, clutch learning, and clutch settings make no difference, and it is the first 1/4 mile when cold that is objectionable. Manual changes with lifting help for the first 1-2nd and 2nd to 3rd changes of the day then it is better, but still a minor annoyance.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Thistle,

I've always had troubles with 2nd 3rd 4th changes in auto mode, since reflashing the trans. Let's see if we have the same issue.
Coasting down, off throttle, 6 to 5 to 4 are totally smooth. As the revs come down in 4th, approaching idle revs, instead of changing down to 3rd, it starts fuelling again. AFR goes to low 13's because short fuel trims go to 120%+. I'm still off throttle.

Because, effectively, a slight amount of torque is present, the change to 3rd is rather notchy. This is sometimes accompanied by a notchy selection of 2nd too, but not always. It's doing my head in because it used to slow to a standstill without fuel.

It may be completely unrelated, but I'm glad someone who knows is also taking issue with unacceptably notchy shifts. By design, this thing should, and was, as smooth as butter.

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have any issues when the trans oil is over about 15C except the engine speed can drop a little and there is a rough noise sometimes on gentle pulling away from rest. So I think my problem is oil viscosity related, too thick when cold. I never studied fuelling when dropping down through the gears as I never had a problem but does your issue go away when standard? Have you checked the bank balancing? Sounds like your deceleration fuel cut off might need alteration but not sure why or if available. Other thing is whether your intakes are aftermarket?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
It's a stock car, and it does the same with stock map too.
Tried engine balance, throttle and idle learning, trans setup, etc.
It is purely caused by fuelling on overrun, because it doesn't do it in manual mode. Spoils the whole experience for me.

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
I found differences doing clutch relearn at lowest temp (55degrees) gives best smooth shift from off and learn when hotter is better for high rev shifts oddly.

I tend to let it idle for a minute or two before setting off which makes things a bit nicer with fluid circulated.

·
Registered
74 Posts
snow mode

I find using snow mode helps when cold..also stops the 4th to 3rd problem when warm..downward gear changes are alot smoother...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts