GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and searched and searched. Maybe my search skillz are lacking but i cannot find what exactly this reservoir is.

I would like to know what it is, what kind of fluid to put into it (its low), and what size bolts are used to hold it onto the car (mines just sitting there, moving around, being all free willed and such.)

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

-B

·
Registered
21 Posts
at a guess, that looks like power steering fluid. the lid looks like it has a level sensor fitted, has it thrown a light up on the dash?

generaly M6 bolts (10mm head) hold items like that to the chassis.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
m6 bolts hey? would i put like dextron into that like my chevrolet? no it hasnt thrown a light but its a mm or 2 under the lower ling on the stick. actually the only light i have on is the ((!)) light next to the abs light? is that on because of the handbrake being on or because there's something wrong with the brakes?

·
Registered
834 Posts
check the brake fluid level. the "handbrake" light is actually the fluid level light. It only comes on with the handbrake in order to test the bulb.

In answer to your original question, im with everyone else, its the power steering reservoir. No idea what the recommended fluid is though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
dexron 2 powersteering fluid is used for mechanical driven pumps (belt driven). Not expensive, about £1.50 for a bottle. There is another type of fluid that is used for electric pumps too btw :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts