GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only had my R33 GTR a couple of weeks now and have this plaque inside my car.Anyone know what it is for?

·
Registered
865 Posts
At a guess its a limited run of GTR that was done or done with Nismo bits on?

Sure someone will have the real answer.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
It's a plate to recognise Nismo Clutch fitting mate

Should be mounted somewhere in the engine bay stu.
I had one on my first gtr as I had a NISMO clucth fitted and I rememebr the nismo part number as RS...
Basically a nice touch and done in japan. when they fit genuine parts like this they do put a plaque on the car to state what the part is and that it is fitted.
Result if you ask me.
Hope this helps

Nick.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nick....
I think you are right,I do have a Nismo clutch fitted but Abbey did it.Maybe it had one done in Japan also.
Mark at Abbey also says my car has got different cams,they noticed them when they did some work on the car but he could not tell me what spec or make as they have not seen them before.

Stuart

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
mate

I would imagine they are right as I know sweet FA and they normally are mate.
Def does not have the injectors though.
I would imagine it was a nismo clutch fitted in japan then,.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nick...
I will probably go for the intercooler first as the injectors can cope with the mods the car has.
Have you got the Trust Intercooler?If so what one is it?They do 3 for the Skyline and one of them is huge but costs around $2200 on the Taka Kaira website.Did you notice any difference after it was fitted?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
HKS cooler seems

to be a good option and abbey do that for you. i think it is the street racing model.
I think it is 900 + VAT.
not s huge diff but it is a need for future and especially in this weather.
Seems to bet more BHP but better torque.
bit more laggier as bigger hole to fill (ooh ello!)
a must for all cars over stage 1.

Nic

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I emailed Abbey asking about what intercoolers to go for and cost,so I will wait to see what they say.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
I have the huge Trust intercooler, I bought it mainly for show (I removed the black grill at the front so its clearly visible from the front). :D Sad or what?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Your plaque says you had a Nismo twin plate clutch installed in Japan.
Course it may not be the same clutch that you have now....

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Durzel...How much did you pay for the intercooler??where did you get it?

Bean.....You are correct,the car did have a Nismo clutch when Abbey replaced it but they put another one back in it`s place so the plaque is still valid..

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Durzel.....
I have looked on the SVS site,they have one for sale but it is not the biggest one Trust do,is yours much bigger than the standard one and did you noticed any difference in power?

Stuart

1 - 18 of 18 Posts