1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is some kind of sensor on the passenger side next to the winscreen vent

It is situated on the top of the dash

The pics aren't very clear, but someone must know what it does

It looks like a light sensitive chip or something, but considering its a 1993 GTR that would be highly unlikely

Here's the pics....Uncle Tony do you know :thumbsup: :nervous:

·
Registered
477 Posts
sun load sensor

Pope

·
Registered
477 Posts
It does exactly what you would expect, it measures the direct sunlight load on the car. It is used by the aircon system when maintaining temperature in full auto mode

Pope

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Durzel said:
Little factoid - the aircon system will register an error in diagnostic mode unless you are in bright sunshine, or you shine a torch on it.
so what you are saying....

if there is no sunshine and i activate the aircon it will show as a fault?

also have you noticed how annoying this aircon unit is...:mad: :mad: :mad:

if you want to put air to the windscreen the aircon automatically starts :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

as if it knows better than me :popcorn:

·
Registered
477 Posts
no if you have the aircon system in diagnostic mode you get error 25 on part two of the tests if there is no direct light source on the sensor

Pope

·
Registered
326 Posts
Durzel said:
Little factoid - the aircon system will register an error in diagnostic mode unless you are in bright sunshine, or you shine a torch on it.
Aha, that clears that one up! :) Thought that was the only broken sensor in my car, next time I'll shine a light on it.

Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.