GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done load of searching, and I still can't find it. Everyone seems to know what it is except me.

What is VBAND??? I see all kind of adaptor for it. What is it? And is it any better?

·
Registered
234 Posts
VBAND is a type of fitting, there are many different types and versions,,,,,,,, it is a circular fitting with 2 parts that lock together...each part forming half the v shape and a clamp that the more you tighten the more pressure it puts on the sealing surfaces......... hope that helps, im shite on descriptions!!!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nocturnal,

V-bands can be found e.g. on HKS T51R Turbine (on the exhaust housing), it replaces nuts and bolts which are most commonly used.

For example To4R uses 4 bolts to connects/bolt on to the exhaust manifold, where T51R uses V-band, which consists of a circular clamp which clamps the circular connections (on the exhaust manifold and the turbine inlet to the turbo), a small bolt and nut to secure everthing. This set up INDEED make the job much easier (as stated previously)!

Not sure why they not use this fitting for exhaust system tho??!!

Hope it helps.

Regards

Skylinegtr0415

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
The T51r has a V band on the manifold, wastegate, AND the exhaust.

No gaskets are needed, the hotter it gets, the more it seals. I can remove the turbo in 5 mins. It's a much better system and it allows the exhaust inlet to be a round hole so the flow is much better.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I know I can trust you guys when I have no idea what I am talking about. :)

Nice one T51R by the way....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts