GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Think that oil pressure is a bit low there.................. Possibly try an oil change for some quality Castrol Edge or summin :)

The car not revving past 2500rpm and cutting out could be caused by the AFM or the connection to it. Try swapping for one that works (if yuo can get a loan of one) and check/clean the plug connection. R32 Combat posted up a similar answer to another member recently, try a search for more info.

Hope this helps :)

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
when was the last time you changed the oil & oil filter ,mine drops to about 5mm say below the 2 bar mark but only when I've done a bit of spirited driving or the weathers hot ,if mine falls any more than that ill do a oil& filter change ,the other prob could be an AFM ,check the connections maybe over fueling causing it to stall ?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The oil pressure gauge on my R32 GTR does exactly the same thing from time to time, senders arent the best.

This happens with my mates R32 oil pressure gauge as well, might be worth changing the oil and filter though, just to put your mind at rest.

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
My O/P also appears quite low at idle when hot and I reckon its a tired sender unit. As long as its shows a healthy figure at higher revs then everything should be OK. As mentioned GTR senders are notoriously bad.
So is it best to get a new sender for the original gauge or get an aftermarket O/P gauge?? I only ask as I'm not really one for having loads of aftermarket gauges hanging from my dash.

TT

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I replaced my sender with a brand new Z32 oil sender recently. That, combined with a 1.5mm Tomei oil restrictor, has had my oil holding rock steady at 4 bar - a little above, up to 6 when very cold, a little below after I've thrashed the bejeezus out of the car :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts