GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After recently attending the Goodwood Supercar Breakfast and having the chance to sit in the only LFA currently in the UK, it prompted me to think of the reasons why I purchased the GT-R R35.

Enjoy the short clip on the LFA and notice the handsome chap at 0.23s and 0.57s (The blonde, like the car was better in the flesh..but dont tell wifey)

So my main reasons for the purchase were:

1. Sheer performance for the money
2. Styling (stands out from nearly all cars sub £100k)
3. Individuality (similar to Exclusivity, but much better judging by others reaction that still amaze me after a year of ownership)
3. My sons badgered me after they played on the PS3!

So I would be interested to know other owners reasons?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
What Made Me Buy The R35?

1. The Ressesion
  2. The Turbos
  3. THE RESSESION

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
The following:

Looks
Power
Styling
Noise
Exclusivity

Test drove tons of cars and left the gt-r until last as I always knew it was the one having seen Nissans demo at super car Sunday in gaydon in 2009.

·
Registered
986 Posts
The engineers code: Nissan did with a penny what Porsche do with a pound! It's the pinnacle of what can be achieved, anyone can build a car for bundles of money, but Nissan created possibly one of the greatest road cars for Joe public....it's a dream that you might actually hope to achieve....and I'm lucky enough to have one

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The engineers code: Nissan did with a penny what Porsche do with a pound! It's the pinnacle of what can be achieved, anyone can build a car for bundles of money, but Nissan created possibly one of the greatest road cars for Joe public....it's a dream that you might actually hope to achieve....and I'm lucky enough to have one
Excellent write up:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
GTR

Didnt stop you from holidaying with the Mexicans did it:D
haha Im talking 2-3 years ago... the whole country was shiteing themselves about the ressesion(including me), you could pick up a very nearly new supercar for like 70k :eek:

I felt the pressure of society's declining morale on my conscience :chairshot the Ford GT was becoming ever more ostentatious to use as a daily driver :nervous: plus fuel prices were rising by the day :runaway: I thought selling was the only sensible option :banned: I wish I didnt sell the FGT now theyve actually gone up in price :bawling:

Along came the GTR, inadvertently launched in to an uncertin market, a God-send for the thinking man that still enjoys his supercars :smokin:

Dont get me wrong, the GTR is a fantastic car for the money in every aspect, add to that the fact that the tuning scene is HUGE which makes it a lot of fun to own too! :flame: When its not off the road for months being tuned that is :rolleyes:

PS. I didnt mean what I said about being a thinking man, I just like going fast :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Very Well Said! although nissan arent exactly a back street car manufacturer, they must have invested zillions in to the GTR, the difference is, they priced their product to sell, just like most other manufaturers, except Lexus it seems with the LFA... lol

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
I would think the main reason many folks buy the R35 is because it is without question the finest car ever made by Nissan, who also happen to be one of the very best car manufacturers in the world.... Not only is it superlative in more or less every respect, but its less than 100k to buy, The question should be "if your after a performance car, why would you buy anything else ?"

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I'm waiting for the re-birth of the Renault Alpina GTA, just watch the magic Mr Ghosn sprinkles on Nissan's sister company and as his influence has been seen on the latest designs, he will make the Alpina the flagship model (like he did with the GT-R), and especially with the success in F1.

The GT-R is one of the only cars that I have driven where the novelty is still to wear off!!

Just saving up for an LFA.....:clap:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Very Well Said! although nissan arent exactly a back street car manufacturer, they must have invested zillions in to the GTR, the difference is, they priced their product to sell, just like most other manufaturers, except Lexus it seems with the LFA... lol
It's true I'm sure it was a costly exercise ( but less then porsches expenditure over time from the endless years of developing their flat 6's) however I believe despite the hype the they at least break even on it, I like to think Nissan were thinking of someone average like me when building the gtr, performance for the people, I can't imagine Porsche ever thinks of the average car enthusiast when building their performance cars and would sooner offer half baked cars like the boxter to make a healthy margin on those that aspire.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Just saving up for an LFA.....:clap:
LFA is no doubt a brilliant brilliant car and one of the finest supercars out there and I'd love to have one, but I'd personally still go for a Lambo LP 670-SV for a similar price tag. Can't go wrong! the Lambo is perfectly made too. and it's much more aggressive and has the presence and everything else.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LFA is no doubt a brilliant brilliant car and one of the finest supercars out there and I'd love to have one, but I'd personally still go for a Lambo LP 670-SV for a similar price tag. Can't go wrong! the Lambo is perfectly made too. and it's much more aggressive and has the presence and everything else.
Go mad and save for the LP700 Aventador, but I still think that in the hyper car league, people will respect you more in an LFA (hardcore enthusiasts like the GT-R gets) as opposed to a poncy Lambo that puts you in the bracket of an ailing rocker, mindless Footballer or P Diddy's valet man....I know what I would rather be.....Warren Beatty's finger tips...:D

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Go mad and save for the LP700 Aventador, but I still think that in the hyper car league, people will respect you more in an LFA (hardcore enthusiasts like the GT-R gets) as opposed to a poncy Lambo that puts you in the bracket of an ailing rocker, mindless Footballer or P Diddy's valet man....I know what I would rather be.....Warren Beatty's finger tips...:D
How many rockers, and mindless footballers or Pdidly's do you know who have an LP 670-SV ? :nervous: and.. a lambo being poncy?? hmm anyway, since you are not making a coherent statement, we might as well stick to the relevant topic of "why buy a 35"

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How many rockers, and mindless footballers or Pdidly's do you know who have an LP 670-SV ? :nervous: and.. a lambo being poncy?? hmm anyway, since you are not making a coherent statement, we might as well stick to the relevant topic of "why buy a 35"
Sorry, it's late and I must have drifted off the subject...but I guess I was trying to point out that the LFA isn't simply about being wealthy, but also being a car enthusiast....back to the topic...:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts