GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
stealth said:
It's a Dolphin
Have to agree with the above, you can tell from the flipper.

Been a surfer for last 20 years and have stood on seals, seen sharks (little ones) and all sorts. The british weather this time of year that me shaking in me boots

·
Registered
143 Posts
During the summer of '76 or it could have been '77 I was in North Wales on hols and hanging out with this older kid from the caravan next door. He had his own speedboat (14ft) and we went out into Harlech bay off Abersoch.

Been out 20 mins and in some very calm, clear water when a shadow with a fin tip just cutting the water passed by within feet and it was longer than the boat I don't actually remember ever being more scared, before or since :D

Course, I had no idea that a basking shark was harmless at that time, I just remember the gibbering astonishment and Mike just driving the boat up onto the beach (literally).

That pic, no matter if it is a Dolphin, reminded me all to well of that summers day. So if you'll excuse me I'll just go and change my pants :D

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
That must have been an experance. At my local beach we had a basking shark visit a few years back. Never seen people move so quick

You know you get a shark called a threasher, seen here in the uk waters which have been recorded in size upto 6 meters and a weight of 323lb :eek:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yeah its a dolphin they is a website about which looks into these strange photos and determines wether or not that are what they say they are, but if your the surf i would imagine you'd be crapping yourself :D

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
brooksie said:
are dolphins that big though ? ..

fantastic photograph though isn't it.
The water distorts you view of object sizes. Try a very technical scientific test, as follows:

1) Fill clear glass with water
2) Insert finger and look at result
3) Flick water at anyone with in range (my cause hazardous results)

:rolleyes: :p :D

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
floatindolphin said:
so you're saying most people who are next to a GTR will think "ooo, look at the pretty dolphin. Hello Flipper".

how so very gay!

might do next to you, floatindolphin :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts